Week 7 GDT: Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

As unlikely as it seems, yes.  If we successfully run the ball (it's about the Rams only weakness).  And if we create more turnovers and sacks than they do (we might need to borrow the Ravens D to do this).  And if Robert Woods and Brandin Cooks fall down on every play.  And if Todd Gurley goes down with the clap.  Alright I might be reaching a bit here.  I just hope to hell CJ Beathard doesn't get injured.  You never know, we might keep it within 10 points.  

Short week. I heard today that mcVay gave their team an extra day off (today) so maybe they just think they can walk in here and steam roll us. I also think that a lot of the game plan on offense was set in the offseason. Also the disrespect with getting this game flexed out... we should be fired up. 

Our young defense plays better at home. Not sure why, but that's the feeling I get. Will be nice to get off to a good start on that side of the ball, we have started slow then gotten better in the second half. We need to set the tone early. 

We will need to key on Gurley. Just put Ruben in man coverage on Gurley all day long. They don't use their TEs hardly at all. I would like to see some run blitzes on early downs and then some overload blitzes on passing downs. Force the third and long and force them to try to block Buckner 1 v 1. He cant handle the double team but feasts on just one lineman. 

They will tear apart our zone if we continue to have poor communication. We need to figure out how to mix in some man coverage or defenders need to be better in recognizing when a WR is going to enter their zone. Can we finally force a damn turnover? 

Kyle is averaging 30+ points against wade Phillips when they have been calling plays against each other. Can we limit the turnovers? We should be able to run the ball again this week. They are stout on the inside of their DL, but their LBs aren't great. No talib for them either, we should be able to move the ball. I expect kittle to have a MONSTER game. We need to continue to take shots to Goodwin down the field, especially early. Make their S back up then hit them with some timing routes underneath. 

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I hate the Rams more than any division rival. Always have. If we win, great. If we lose, one step closer to securing Bosa or Oliver.

We should lose big though. Rams are the best team in the NFL. Hard to type that without vomiting. 

They've played: 

@Oakland

Cardinals

Chargers

Vikings at home on a Thursday when Minnesota had to fly two timezones (teams are 0-12 on Thursday night football when flying 2+ timezones) 

@Seattle

@Denver 

I'd love to hear stats about the third road game in a row. Granted Seattle and SF are short flights. 

That seems like a pretty easy schedule, honestly. Denver and Seattle are highly questionable right now, and both times they won by 3 points or less.

Seattle looked great this weekend but that was against an Oakland team that has completely fallen apart. They flew to London right before the game, what on Earth were they thinking? 

The Rams are undefeated, but not unbeatable. 

10 hours ago, uk9erfan said:

As unlikely as it seems, yes.  If we successfully run the ball (it's about the Rams only weakness).  And if we create more turnovers and sacks than they do (we might need to borrow the Ravens D to do this).  And if Robert Woods and Brandin Cooks fall down on every play.  And if Todd Gurley goes down with the clap.  Alright I might be reaching a bit here.  I just hope to hell CJ Beathard doesn't get injured.  You never know, we might keep it within 10 points.  

Welcome to the sub forum! Glad you found your way here

37 minutes ago, N4L said:

They've played: 

@Oakland

Cardinals

Chargers

Vikings at home on a Thursday when Minnesota had to fly two timezones (teams are 0-12 on Thursday night football when flying 2+ timezones) 

@Seattle

@Denver 

I'd love to hear stats about the third road game in a row. Granted Seattle and SF are short flights. 

That seems like a pretty easy schedule, honestly. Denver and Seattle are highly questionable right now, and both times they won by 3 points or less.

Seattle looked great this weekend but that was against an Oakland team that has completely fallen apart. They flew to London right before the game, what on Earth were they thinking? 

The Rams are undefeated, but not unbeatable. 

Well, I didn't say they were unbeatable. I said they are the best team in the NFL right now. :)

They've had a few easy games, but they did win big against Oakland and Arizona. Which is what you're supposed to do if you're a superior ball club. The last couple of games on the road have been close, but I don't think that's an indication the Rams are slowing down. Anyways, the deck is stacked against the 49ers not only in terms of talent level, but just operating well as a unit. I don't see it as much of a game even with the home field "advantage". 

16 hours ago, uk9erfan said:

Create more turnovers and sacks than they do? Is that a sick joke??? What is a created turnover btw???? I haven't seen one in so long I must be have forgot what they look or feel like. I do know we have the worst TO ratio in the league though!

Yes it was certainly tongue in cheek.  Yes we do have the worst turnover ratio in the league, and that has to change.  Booger McFarland suggested Solomon Thomas should be moved inside instead of outside and I think that would be well worth trying.  He doesn't have the speed to pursue the QB in the open field when the pass play breaks down,: he actually looks far too heavy and much more like a nose tackle, but he does have a non-stop motor.  Yes I know we don't use a 3-4 defense, but I still think the idea of putting him inside would be worthwhile.  I mean what the heck have we got to lose considering how we're just not pressuring the QB enough as it is.

44 minutes ago, uk9erfan said:

Yes it was certainly tongue in cheek.  Yes we do have the worst turnover ratio in the league, and that has to change.  Booger McFarland suggested Solomon Thomas should be moved inside instead of outside and I think that would be well worth trying.  He doesn't have the speed to pursue the QB in the open field when the pass play breaks down,: he actually looks far too heavy and much more like a nose tackle, but he does have a non-stop motor.  Yes I know we don't use a 3-4 defense, but I still think the idea of putting him inside would be worthwhile.  I mean what the heck have we got to lose considering how we're just not pressuring the QB enough as it is.

He should have always have been playing inside. 

I can understand playing Thomas at end on Base downs, on the Weakside. That makes sense on some level. What I think is perplexing to everyone is drafting a guy third whose had success inside (at least in college), gained the weight to play inside,  but seemingly..never plays...period..much less inside. 

Archived