Week 7 GDT: Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

‘3rd down?.....better take a sack’ - CJ Beathard probably

I can't blame that sack on CJ, though.  No where to throw it because a guy was literally in the air in front of him coming at him and then the pocket collapsed immediately after.  That was just great defensive play from a stacked defense.  Most of CJ's sacks are definitely on him, though.

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't know what to do there to be honest. Both positions have supporting players we can grab in free agency, but the corners available are all pretty much non-ball skill having corners with the exception of Ronald Darby, who's been terrible this year. Mo Claiborne has been really good again this year, but he's never been known for the ball skills. Edge rushers have some older guys and guys like Fowler who may give some help, but I wouldn't rely on them to solve any issues. Really tough situation. 

Which pass rushers are likely to be there at the top of round 2? I know there are a lot of great rushers so maybe a decent one could fall to round 2. Maybe Brian Burns? Joe Jackson? Those are still first rounders so it could still work out and potentially be advantageous over just taking an EDGE with our first pick. It'll be a difficult decision for the staff for sure.

I went into this season feeling pretty comfortable about Witherspoon as our #2 CB and Colbert at FS. Boy was I wrong. How have both regressed so much?

Also, why is Armstead dancing after that sack? His team is down by 22 points. Just dumb.

1 minute ago, struby3 said:

Also, why is Armstead dancing after that sack? His team is down by 22 points. Just dumb.

That's what this team does lol. Same thing in KC when Bourne made a big catch before halftime when we were getting blown out. Dude gets up and screams like he won the Super Bowl. Some guys just don't care I guess. As long as they get their shine on, it's cool. 

Archived