Week 7 GDT: Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Did a little research.  Apparently, -28(although, another source I read says it's -30) is the record for the worst turnover differential in NFL history.  We are currently at -15.  Definitely on pace to break that record.

We already have tied the record for the most turnovers in a season.  63 in 1978.

We also are tied for the least turnovers in a season.  10 in 2011.

I don't know.  Something fun to keep track of, I guess.  

20 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Did a little research.  Apparently, -28(although, another source I read says it's -30) is the record for the worst turnover differential in NFL history.  We are currently at -15.  Definitely on pace to break that record.

We already have tied the record for the most turnovers in a season.  63 in 1978.

We also are tied for the least turnovers in a season.  10 in 2011.

I don't know.  Something fun to keep track of, I guess.  

That has to be a typo.. no way did we have 63 turnovers in a 16 game season

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

They had 3 TOs that game and left points on the field. Just because the offense was in rhythm and moving the ball doesn't mean it was clean game by any means. It was missed assignment after missed assignment on defense yet again and we had 2 fumbles and critical interception.

Yeah, but the team still didn't look expansion level bad, and have trouble snapping the ball multiple times or whatever.

3 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

15 isn't enough either, but Day has earned his playing time as well. At this point it is what it is, the team has decided to misuse him and the results are going to be predictable. More interior rushes the better he will do, but rushing from the edge just isn't going to happen for him. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

15 isn't enough either, but Day has earned his playing time as well. At this point it is what it is, the team has decided to misuse him and the results are going to be predictable. More interior rushes the better he will do, but rushing from the edge just isn't going to happen for him. 

20 hours ago, N4L said:

That has to be a typo.. no way did we have 63 turnovers in a 16 game season

I checked two sites.   Unless someone can find a source other than Wikipedia and NFL.com, it appears we were, indeed, that horrible in 1978.  lol

Archived