Week 7 GDT: Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

I'll be honest.  I was a "Mostert is only good on special teams" guy.  He has been impressing me the last couple games, though.  I'm just not sure yet how much of it is his talent or if it's more run blocking or scheming.  

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you want to view it that way, that's on you. You're also very negative, so I'm not surprised. That's you're prerogative. Personally, I don't think that there's anything disgraceful, shameful, etc about just not being as good at football as these other teams. The New York Giants were a disgrace last year when half their team just checked out. These team is playing hard each and every week, I can't ask them for more than that. I can't ask them to win games that they largely aren't talented enough to win. 

Yeah, that is how I view it. Just keepin it real holmes. Thanks for letting me know how you personally feel though as well. Appreciate it. Honestly, I do Forge. 

Just now, Ataal said:

I'll be honest.  I was a "Mostert is only good on special teams" guy.  He has been impressing me the last couple games, though.  I'm just not sure yet how much of it is his talent or if it's more run blocking or scheming.  

He is blazing fast so this scheme is a great fit for what he can do. I was a big advocate of him being good enough to be RB3 as a runner combined with his ST work. I think if you put him in a different scheme he won't be doing the same. 

1 minute ago, Ataal said:

Me too and I still clinch every time he’s got the ball in his hands. Hopefully he’ll change my confidence in him.

Just now, Ataal said:

Well, the Shanny's certainly have a history of getting the most out of their running backs. that being said, it's not like Mostert doesn't have really nice qualities - sub 4.4 40 time, runs and hits hard. Ball security was always an issue (had fumbling issues since college), but he's fitting the run scheme very well. I don't know that he's not easily replaceable by a comparable running back or anything, but yeah, I think he could have a bit of a future running the football for us. I have really liked the way he has been running the last two weeks. Definitely going with a power that is impressive, and when you add the speed, it's a nice combo. Wish he had a little more shimmy, he's a bit stiff, but that's a minor quibble. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Yeah, that is how I view it. Just keepin it real holmes. Thanks for letting me know how you personally feel though as well. Appreciate it. Honestly, I do Forge. 

That's not keeping it real. That's offering your opinion and treating it as though it's fact. It's not. Its your opinion. That's the only thing real about it. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's not keeping it real. That's offering your opinion and treating it as though it's fact. It's not. Its your opinion. That's the only thing real about it. 

Yes, and that should go without saying. Just like anything that comes out of your mouth. 

I'm keeping it real by sharing how I personally feel. 

Archived