My Personal Ambien

Fatgerman

3 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

You know you want this body. Grab a pound of soft margarine, an eggplant, the latest issue of Teen People,  a used pair of Justin Bieber's underwear (preferably unwashed), a snorkel, two boxes of Hostess snack cakes, three gerbils, four tubs of Vaseline, five neutral observers, a fedora, a motorcycle helmet, season three of Full House, contraceptives, a nude photo of Kelsey Grammer eating a banana, and come on over, big boy! I'll be waiting in the bathtub. Go ahead and let yourself in.

You had me at a nude photo of Kelsey Grammer.

I think you guys are going to be really disappointed at first when Dorsey again takes the lesser route with the WR position and doesn’t draft one in the first two rounds and doesn’t sign or trade for a big name. He’s going to invest Heavy in the front 7 and OL. Looking back at his drafts that’s pretty much been his bread and butter. Drafting impact playmakers has always been late round guys with huge ceilings. Luckily we have a stacked deck in the FO and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Reggie McKenzie join the team at the end of the year when he and Gruden butts heads, just a gut feeling. Next year with Toub and bellimy coming over it’s going to be really really exciting. 

6 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

My feeling on our needs is: impact WR opposite Jarvis, impact pass rusher opposite Myles, impact young CB opposite Denzel, and impact DT opposite Ogunjobi. With FA, trades, and high draft picks, I think we should be able to land at least 3 of those 4.

A possible off season could look like this:

Extend our young studs nearing the end of their contracts, guys like Randall, Schobert, Higgins...

Sign Demarcus Lawrence or Frank Clark in FA

Trade for OBJ, saving him from that sinking ship

Draft an impact DT in what is looking like a deep and amazing draft for 3tech DT's

Hot damn, that gets me frothy! If ya know what I mean.O.o:D

We might have a legit #2 CB in Terrance Mitchell. He was looking pretty good before he got injured. Better than probably anyone believed he would be when we signed him.

But no thanks to OBJ. Unless we could trade for him for less than a first round pick, which definitely won't be the case.

7 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

The Cleveland Browns are a fun team. We accept the best fans and the best people.

ft3U3O.gif

You love the Browns. Browns great team. Browns never leave home city again.

MelodicFittingAlligator-small.gif

*Low-frequency pulses... Browns Browns Browns Browns Browns Browns*

Don’t know why but I really like the Browns all of a sudden. 

5 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

You know you want this body. Grab a pound of soft margarine, an eggplant, the latest issue of Teen People,  a used pair of Justin Bieber's underwear (preferably unwashed), a snorkel, two boxes of Hostess snack cakes, three gerbils, four tubs of Vaseline, five neutral observers, a fedora, a motorcycle helmet, season three of Full House, contraceptives, a nude photo of Kelsey Grammer eating a banana, and come on over, big boy! I'll be waiting in the bathtub. Go ahead and let yourself in.

Dad?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

OBJ isn’t getting traded, it would demolish their cap.  Folks need to let that go.

Not to mention I don't see the dumpster fire that everyone seems to think they are. They have some extremely talented guys in place on that roster with Beckham, Barkley and Engram and even Shepard. The offensive line needs some work but Will Hernandez is a rookie and lets not act like New York cannot attract quality free agent lineman. I believe they are being hamstrung in a very bad way by Eli Manning. With the right QB they will take a huge step forward. If I were the Giants I would go after the best QB in the draft regardless of who else is on the board or where they pick. If they are #1, sorry gotta pass on Bosa and Oliver. If they pick 8-12 they better pony up a haul. I think they are a prime team for a big turn around with a good QB.

How about defenses trying to complain to contain the athleticism of Barkley, Beckham, Engram and Dwayne Haskins? 

32 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Not to mention I don't see the dumpster fire that everyone seems to think they are. They have some extremely talented guys in place on that roster with Beckham, Barkley and Engram and even Shepard. The offensive line needs some work but Will Hernandez is a rookie and lets not act like New York cannot attract quality free agent lineman. I believe they are being hamstrung in a very bad way by Eli Manning. With the right QB they will take a huge step forward. If I were the Giants I would go after the best QB in the draft regardless of who else is on the board or where they pick. If they are #1, sorry gotta pass on Bosa and Oliver. If they pick 8-12 they better pony up a haul. I think they are a prime team for a big turn around with a good QB.

How about defenses trying to complain to contain the athleticism of Barkley, Beckham, Engram and Dwayne Haskins? 

Yeah they crapped the bed with the Barkley pick.

I don’t see them getting a shot at a QB prospect as good as Darnold.

I don't see the NYG as a dumpster fire either. I see them as being in a position with an aging QB who wasn't ever all that awesome to begin with, a weak OL, and a lack of identity/direction with play-calling...or a QB who can't make that play-calling work.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah they crapped the bed with the Barkley pick.

I don’t see them getting a shot at a QB prospect as good as Darnold.

Meh. Depends on what the 3-5 year plan of the ownership and front office was and if they were on the same page. Passing on a QB for an elite talent is not all that bad especially if you don't think you are ready to compete. We passed on a QB multiple times in 2 drafts to add more high end talent to the roster and it was always and still is the correct move. No matter what people feel a franchise QB alone is never good enough to turn a team around.

Also, at least so far Saquan Barkley is proving some of us RB/value pick guys wrong because he really is no ordinary back. He Is a playmaker to the fullest and the way he is playing I'd add him to my offense before any go to #1 WR.  I still believe the RB position doesn't have the same value in the Top 5 as other position but there are always rule breakers and at this pace Barkley is going to prove us all wrong. Obviously we need to see about 20-25 more games before we make a final judgment but so far I'm so wrong.

I will never be on board with any team pigeon holing themselves into taking a franchise QB. The most important thing is setting up your potential franchise QB for success and some times that means passing on that QB for a few years to add premium young talent to your roster.

7 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

@Fatgerman on the phone with Tayne rn:

101-Black-Sheep-quotes.gif

giphy.gif

102-Black-Sheep-quotes.gif

WbUn.gifgiphy.gif

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You had me at a nude photo of Kelsey Grammer.

3 hours ago, End Run said:

Lost me at s3 of Full House.

Beach Boy Bingo was s2.

3 hours ago, End Run said:

Ambien's a helluva drug.

2 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

Dad?

This

33 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Meh. Depends on what the 3-5 year plan of the ownership and front office was and if they were on the same page. Passing on a QB for an elite talent is not all that bad especially if you don't think you are ready to compete. We passed on a QB multiple times in 2 drafts to add more high end talent to the roster and it was always and still is the correct move. No matter what people feel a franchise QB alone is never good enough to turn a team around.

I’d argue only Wentz was near the prospect that Darnold was, but he’s head and shoulders above the rest imo as prospects. We also didn’t have the perfect situation to develop a rookie QB like the giants do.

Also, at least so far Saquan Barkley is proving some of us RB/value pick guys wrong because he really is no ordinary back. He Is a playmaker to the fullest and the way he is playing I'd add him to my offense before any go to #1 WR.  I still believe the RB position doesn't have the same value in the Top 5 as other position but there are always rule breakers and at this pace Barkley is going to prove us all wrong. Obviously we need to see about 20-25 more games before we make a final judgment but so far I'm so wrong.

He’s incredible, I agree, but having such a bad doesn’t equate to wins imo. Sustained winning is about defense and qb’s imo and they missed the mark at getting their QB.

I will never be on board with any team pigeon holing themselves into taking a franchise QB.

Id argue you always take the franchise QB if available (Darnold was imo) but not to overdrafting an inferior qb prospect based on need (such as Ponder, Gabbert, etc). Nothing’s guaranteed, but Darnold was about as good of a bet as you can make at the position (Baker and Rosen also fit that bill imo)

The most important thing is setting up your potential franchise QB for success and some times that means passing on that QB for a few years to add premium young talent to your roster.

Agreed, but as you pointed out, they aren’t completely devoid of talent.  They could have taken Darnold and addressed RB with a quality talent later in the draft.  Hell, Nick Chubb could have been an option at the top of r2.

Archived