Fun Bye Week Game

moretti19

Not a high pick or any sort of pick for that matter, but for me it's Marwin Evans. Watching him those first two preseasons, I thought he was going to be a great starter and playmaker for us. He seemed athletic enough, always around the ball. Just never learned to defend the pass I guess.

12 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

I also has CRAZY high hope for Colt Lyeria I think his name was, talk about a talented dude.

You weren't the only one.  Seemed like all of Packer nation thought the guy could get his head together in wholesome Green Bay and turn into the next Tony Gonzalez.

That is the hard part for fans evaluating talent.  We can see how they run, jump, and catch, but we never really know if they have the intelligence and attitude to succeed in the NFL.

I never expected much from QB Brian Brohm (round 2, 2008), so i can't say he disappointed me.
NT B.J.Raji (round 1, 2009) was a teaser rather than a pleaser........he just didn't love the game enough.
I liked DE/DT Mike Neal (round 2, 2010) when he was drafted, who never really lived up to his strongman image, but he hung around for a while.
OT Derrick Sherrod was an interesting pick (round 1, 2011), he broke his leg in his first season and never really came back from that.
I never thought much of DT Jerel Worthy (round 2, 2012), so I cannot be that disappointed he never did anything.
DE Datone Jones (round 1, 2013), ho hum, a DE who couldn't pass rush.

This is depressing - so many failures, and all in the first or second round in consecutive years. Onward.

S Clinton-Dix (round 1, 2014) - hmm, I wanted Ward there, but him and WR Davante Adams as first and second picks, make this a banner year.
I thought the Packers had been clever taking S Damarious Randall (round 1, 2015) and converting him to CB, masking his limitations as a S, I thought (he was fast enough for CB). The second round pick, Quinten Rollins, might have been my biggest disappointment in the last 10 years, I thought he would be good.
2016, Kenny Clark (a big +) and Jason Spriggs (a big -) are the highs and lows. Spriggs is my alternative choice (to Rollins), for disappointment.
2017 has Kevin King (+) and Josh Jones (-). At the time, I liked WR Cooper Kupp over Jones (he went 8 picks later), and I REALLY liked CB Fabian Moreau (went 20 picks later).
2018 has Jaire Alexander and Josh Jackson, like in 2014, both look very good so far. I liked Davenport and Landry at draft time, but have no complaints at who was taken.

So, looking at all the picks has made me rather depressed. So many high-pick misses. Looking at this, the chances of getting three good players in the first two rounds of 2019 seem unlikely. However, being a fan means keeping hopes up for a banner draft next year that takes the Packers over the top.

Jason Spriggs and Quinten Rollins

275px-Jason_Spriggs.JPG20170101075753.jpg

Wasn't there a burning fast CB called Hawkins many years ago (a free agent) ? I thought he might be the second coming of Sam Shields......he wasn't.

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Wasn't there a burning fast CB called Hawkins many years ago (a free agent) ? I thought he might be the second coming of Sam Shields......he wasn't.

There were two.

Mike Hawkins was drafted in 2005, round 5.  He was originally from Oklahoma.  IIRC, he didn't complete his Oklahoma career.  Until looking at the stats, I didn't think he played at all.  He didn't play much.

http://www.nfl.com/player/mikehawkins/2506502/profile

Josh Hawkins was a UDFA in 2016.  He played sparingly last season, and is now with the Panthers.

http://www.nfl.com/player/joshhawkins/2556550/profile

5 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Aaron Rouse.

He had some sort of quote being drafted about "having a chip on his shoulder that was shaped like a piece of cheese."

I always remember liking the idea of Aaron Rouse more than I liked Aaron Rouse.  There have been a few of these S-LB hybrid types that just aren't that good at football but they are always interesting to fans and front offices, because if it works...

6 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Aaron Rouse.

He had some sort of quote being drafted about "having a chip on his shoulder that was shaped like a piece of cheese."

I thought Rouse would be that hybrid linebacker/safety before they were popular.

So, I'm going to throw a twist here. I remember back for the 2009 draft when the Packers snagged BJ Raji and then traded back up and I jumped up and down. We got our nose tackle and here comes our edge! I thought for SURE we were drafting Everette Brown (a player I was particularly high on). Then they say his name "Clay Matthews, Outside linebacker" -- I literally threw my remote at my TV and said WHAT THE F***, WHY THE FU** would you pass on Brown here? WTF ARE YOU THINKING?! I FU**ING HATE YOU TED! Then CM3 played his rookie season and I ate so much crow. Won't even lie. I'm pretty sure you can ask @Norm if he recalls that far back from our other site we used a long while back ago. I was pretty outraged. lolol.

12 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

So, I'm going to throw a twist here. I remember back for the 2009 draft when the Packers snagged BJ Raji and then traded back up and I jumped up and down. We got our nose tackle and here comes our edge! I thought for SURE we were drafting Everette Brown (a player I was particularly high on). Then they say his name "Clay Matthews, Outside linebacker" -- I literally threw my remote at my TV and said WHAT THE F***, WHY THE FU** would you pass on Brown here? WTF ARE YOU THINKING?! I FU**ING HATE YOU TED! Then CM3 played his rookie season and I ate so much crow. Won't even lie. I'm pretty sure you can ask @Norm if he recalls that far back from our other site we used a long while back ago. I was pretty outraged. lolol.

Yeah I didn't want Clay either and then the most negative guy ever came in saying he swore he was a future HOFer. I'm pretty sure you and I spent  a lot of time trying to convince people to not still worry about the last FSU pass rusher bust (someone help me, name evades me and too lazy to google) when it came to Brown. 

3 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Only Packer fans would consider a "who was the biggest bust" thread a fun game.

I can't tell if it's that or who did you really like who let you down? It seems like it's going both ways, the latter is more "fun" than just, who sucked the most. That ****'s easy.

Archived