Fun Bye Week Game

moretti19

14 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Wrong. The Incredible Bust, Tony Mandarich is the guy with icing all over his face that made our team have pie all over theirs. 

The three HOFers drafted directly after him has to make him the worst. 

OK, ya got me. I forgot about Tony.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

As for King, that mold has worked in the past.  The guy's name slips me, big corner that played for the Broncos I'm thinking 2003-06ish.  I think that guys in the 6'2-4 range typically either bulk up to play LB or play basketball.  

You are probably thinking of Lenny Walls. He was listed as 6'4" !!  It certainly wasn't the corner on the other side who was only 6'0"  .......but his name was Champ Bailey.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

OK, ya got me. I forgot about Tony.

Yep, the incredible bulk who was spectacularly poor. Such a disappointment when a supposedly dominant player becomes a whole heap of nothing. Imagine (in the modern era) being a huge fan of the Seahawks 'Legion Of BOOM' and then watch them turn into the legion of *plib*. Do I feel sorry for them, heh, NO (I don't like the Hawks).

Mine was Eddy Lacy.  I wanted him in round one as I thought he was the perfect, physical back to compliment the GB finesse offense with Rodgers.  And...he kind of was...until he ate himself out of the league.  Great feet on that man, tough.  Not too many guys his size have/had feet like that.  Still sad that it didn't work out for him.

My other one was/is Spriggs.  I loved him coming out, thought he was a steal for GB.  And he has just been awful.  

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

You are probably thinking of Lenny Walls. He was listed as 6'4" !!  It certainly wasn't the corner on the other side who was only 6'0"  .......but his name was Champ Bailey.

I think I am just a dumbass and thought that Kelly Herndon was like 6'3 (he was 5'10)... I knew they did have a tall CB, I thought they had 2, and Lenny Walls was not who I was thinking of...  LOL.

Justin Harrell - I remember as soon as I heard his name I was so happy, I jumped off my couch and said "BAM - Super Bowl Baby - 1st Ballot Hall of Famer!!!"  I couldn't contain my joy.

When I came to, my wife standing over me on the floor asking me what was wrong.  I told her that I thought we had just drafted Dwayne Bowe, and then they showed a picture of some d-lineman named Justin Harrell, who I'd never heard of before.  Then I started hyperventilating and I must have passed out.

I realize this thread is about having high hopes for a player who never panned out - this is my story of elation turned to shear nightmarish hell in an instant.  FWIW, Bowe had himself a nice little Pro-Bowl career, though, he wasn't the absolute beast I thought he'd be either.

13 hours ago, BluePacker said:

Derek Sherrod. I remember being at a bar with a few coworkers and explaining to my boss why I thought he was a solid pick. Looking back I knew in my gut it wasn't the best pick, but I tried so hard to convince myself and others it was. 

I'll never forgive Marshall Newhouse.

On 10/19/2018 at 12:48 PM, Sasquatch said:

Justin Harrell - I remember as soon as I heard his name I was so happy, I jumped off my couch and said "BAM - Super Bowl Baby - 1st Ballot Hall of Famer!!!"  I couldn't contain my joy.

When I came to, my wife standing over me on the floor asking me what was wrong.  I told her that I thought we had just drafted Dwayne Bowe, and then they showed a picture of some d-lineman named Justin Harrell, who I'd never heard of before.  Then I started hyperventilating and I must have passed out.

I realize this thread is about having high hopes for a player who never panned out - this is my story of elation turned to shear nightmarish hell in an instant.  FWIW, Bowe had himself a nice little Pro-Bowl career, though, he wasn't the absolute beast I thought he'd be either.

Not safe for work video of irate fans.    

On 10/18/2018 at 9:48 AM, Fl0nkerton said:

Aaron Rouse.

He had some sort of quote being drafted about "having a chip on his shoulder that was shaped like a piece of cheese."

This is a good one.

I remember him picking off Peyton manning in the end zone his rookie season and thinking he was gonna be a stud.

Archived