Skill Position Projections

WindyCity

Smallish sample size and a really big game would still swing them a little, but we are getting to the point where a single big game won't be an outlier result overall.

Robinson: 77 catches, 900 yards, 6.5 TDs

Burton: 48 catches, 650 yards, 9.5 TDs

Gabriel: 86 catches, 970 yards, 6.5 TDs

Cohen: 67 catches, 829 yards, 6.5 TDs [Receiving]

Miller: 36 catches, 350 yards, 6.5 TDs

Pretty impressive balance in the offense right now and kind of what we expected with multiple guys with 60+ receptions instead of one player with 120 receptions.

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

Would be incredible for this team if the passing game ended the season at those marks .. almost 3 1000yd receivers one of which a RB ..

How the hell is Kevin White still not doing ANYTHING  .. except blocking  !??!?

Lack of reps and everyone else getting the ball. Only so many passes to go around bud. Lol

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

Would be incredible for this team if the passing game ended the season at those marks .. almost 3 1000yd receivers one of which a RB ..

How the hell is Kevin White still not doing ANYTHING  .. except blocking  !??!?

He's been replaced. He's just here for depth and I think Nagy might throw him a bone here or there. Dude has ZERO targets through 5 games... that's nuts.

3 hours ago, G08 said:

He's been replaced. He's just here for depth and I think Nagy might throw him a bone here or there. Dude has ZERO targets through 5 games... that's nuts.

I hope White gets at least 1 TD for Chicago, he is a good kid that is easy to root for. But I'm damn happy Nagy didn't force him into significant reps. 

18 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I hope White gets at least 1 TD for Chicago, he is a good kid that is easy to root for. But I'm damn happy Nagy didn't force him into significant reps. 

I don't know what they are doing... dude is out there blocking, I get it, but I'm curious if it's to set something else up later.

Maybe they want him to get on the field numerous times and realize he's not going to get a season ending injury.

Maybe they are limiting his exposure as a favor so when he's a FA he'll be healthy... and maybe re-sign with us for cheap.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

I don't know what they are doing... dude is out there blocking, I get it, but I'm curious if it's to set something else up later.

Maybe they want him to get on the field numerous times and realize he's not going to get a season ending injury.

Maybe they are limiting his exposure as a favor so when he's a FA he'll be healthy... and maybe re-sign with us for cheap.

I'd like to see him come out in the slot next to Gabriel (who is at the Z), make a quick move toward the outside CB as Gabriel comes back for a bubble screen. As he makes the slightest contact with the CB he breaks upfield on a go route. As long as the safety doesn't react slow or have the outside third it could be a home run play. 

IDK if he would want to come back here though even on a cheap deal. There are some seriously bad WR corps he might get a flier on to be a potential starter. Here he is fighting for the number 4 spot. And even then there is still Cohen, Burton, and Shaheen to combat for passes. I'd like to see him back with a second year in the system, I just done see it happening.

Eventually they’re going to run the fake screen & launch it to him down the field, similar to the Bellamy TD vs Tampa.

Until then, he’s a good blocker and as good of a guy as he is, I think I’m happy with Burton, Cohen, Howard, Robinson, Miller and Gabriel (and eventually Shaheen) getting most of the looks.

16 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He could have gotten a target against TB, he blocked well and we were up huge.

He is actually acting as a tip now Miami jumped the screen when he was in to block because they know what he is in there to do.

I'm actually ok with this. This situation is going to turn into the Bellamy TD against TB. Teams are gonna see White come into the game and think "screen/run" and White can fake that then run fast and straight down the field for a tuddy. 

I think the against the Patriots and their advanced studies of tendencies is a perfect time to pull it out. 

16 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He could have gotten a target against TB, he blocked well and we were up huge.

He is actually acting as a tip now Miami jumped the screen when he was in to block because they know what he is in there to do.

Yep, it's become a tell now and I'm hoping Nagy is smart enough to know what he's doing with it.

On 10/18/2018 at 7:13 AM, WindyCity said:

Smallish sample size and a really big game would still swing them a little, but we are getting to the point where a single big game won't be an outlier result overall.

Robinson: 77 catches, 900 yards, 6.5 TDs

Burton: 48 catches, 650 yards, 9.5 TDs

Gabriel: 86 catches, 970 yards, 6.5 TDs

Cohen: 67 catches, 829 yards, 6.5 TDs [Receiving]

Miller: 36 catches, 350 yards, 6.5 TDs

Pretty impressive balance in the offense right now and kind of what we expected with multiple guys with 60+ receptions instead of one player with 120 receptions.

Thanks for reminding me. Trubisky is showing a trait of really good QBs, especially experienced ones. Spread the ball around and not merely relying on one 'go to' guy to bail him out.

18 hours ago, 51to54 said:

Thanks for reminding me. Trubisky is showing a trait of really good QBs, especially experienced ones. Spread the ball around and not merely relying on one 'go to' guy to bail him out.

I'm really interested to see how Shaheen adds to the mix when he is back.,

Archived