Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WindyCity

Skill Position Projections

Recommended Posts

Smallish sample size and a really big game would still swing them a little, but we are getting to the point where a single big game won't be an outlier result overall.

Robinson: 77 catches, 900 yards, 6.5 TDs

Burton: 48 catches, 650 yards, 9.5 TDs

Gabriel: 86 catches, 970 yards, 6.5 TDs

Cohen: 67 catches, 829 yards, 6.5 TDs [Receiving]

Miller: 36 catches, 350 yards, 6.5 TDs

Pretty impressive balance in the offense right now and kind of what we expected with multiple guys with 60+ receptions instead of one player with 120 receptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be incredible for this team if the passing game ended the season at those marks .. almost 3 1000yd receivers one of which a RB ..

How the hell is Kevin White still not doing ANYTHING  .. except blocking  !??!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

Would be incredible for this team if the passing game ended the season at those marks .. almost 3 1000yd receivers one of which a RB ..

How the hell is Kevin White still not doing ANYTHING  .. except blocking  !??!?

Lack of reps and everyone else getting the ball. Only so many passes to go around bud. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

Would be incredible for this team if the passing game ended the season at those marks .. almost 3 1000yd receivers one of which a RB ..

How the hell is Kevin White still not doing ANYTHING  .. except blocking  !??!?

He's been replaced. He's just here for depth and I think Nagy might throw him a bone here or there. Dude has ZERO targets through 5 games... that's nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, G08 said:

He's been replaced. He's just here for depth and I think Nagy might throw him a bone here or there. Dude has ZERO targets through 5 games... that's nuts.

I hope White gets at least 1 TD for Chicago, he is a good kid that is easy to root for. But I'm damn happy Nagy didn't force him into significant reps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I hope White gets at least 1 TD for Chicago, he is a good kid that is easy to root for. But I'm damn happy Nagy didn't force him into significant reps. 

I don't know what they are doing... dude is out there blocking, I get it, but I'm curious if it's to set something else up later.

Maybe they want him to get on the field numerous times and realize he's not going to get a season ending injury.

Maybe they are limiting his exposure as a favor so when he's a FA he'll be healthy... and maybe re-sign with us for cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, G08 said:

I don't know what they are doing... dude is out there blocking, I get it, but I'm curious if it's to set something else up later.

Maybe they want him to get on the field numerous times and realize he's not going to get a season ending injury.

Maybe they are limiting his exposure as a favor so when he's a FA he'll be healthy... and maybe re-sign with us for cheap.

I'd like to see him come out in the slot next to Gabriel (who is at the Z), make a quick move toward the outside CB as Gabriel comes back for a bubble screen. As he makes the slightest contact with the CB he breaks upfield on a go route. As long as the safety doesn't react slow or have the outside third it could be a home run play. 

 

IDK if he would want to come back here though even on a cheap deal. There are some seriously bad WR corps he might get a flier on to be a potential starter. Here he is fighting for the number 4 spot. And even then there is still Cohen, Burton, and Shaheen to combat for passes. I'd like to see him back with a second year in the system, I just done see it happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He could have gotten a target against TB, he blocked well and we were up huge.

He is actually acting as a tip now Miami jumped the screen when he was in to block because they know what he is in there to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eventually they’re going to run the fake screen & launch it to him down the field, similar to the Bellamy TD vs Tampa.

Until then, he’s a good blocker and as good of a guy as he is, I think I’m happy with Burton, Cohen, Howard, Robinson, Miller and Gabriel (and eventually Shaheen) getting most of the looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He could have gotten a target against TB, he blocked well and we were up huge.

He is actually acting as a tip now Miami jumped the screen when he was in to block because they know what he is in there to do.

I'm actually ok with this. This situation is going to turn into the Bellamy TD against TB. Teams are gonna see White come into the game and think "screen/run" and White can fake that then run fast and straight down the field for a tuddy. 

I think the against the Patriots and their advanced studies of tendencies is a perfect time to pull it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He could have gotten a target against TB, he blocked well and we were up huge.

He is actually acting as a tip now Miami jumped the screen when he was in to block because they know what he is in there to do.

Yep, it's become a tell now and I'm hoping Nagy is smart enough to know what he's doing with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 7:13 AM, WindyCity said:

Smallish sample size and a really big game would still swing them a little, but we are getting to the point where a single big game won't be an outlier result overall.

Robinson: 77 catches, 900 yards, 6.5 TDs

Burton: 48 catches, 650 yards, 9.5 TDs

Gabriel: 86 catches, 970 yards, 6.5 TDs

Cohen: 67 catches, 829 yards, 6.5 TDs [Receiving]

Miller: 36 catches, 350 yards, 6.5 TDs

Pretty impressive balance in the offense right now and kind of what we expected with multiple guys with 60+ receptions instead of one player with 120 receptions.

Thanks for reminding me. Trubisky is showing a trait of really good QBs, especially experienced ones. Spread the ball around and not merely relying on one 'go to' guy to bail him out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 51to54 said:

Thanks for reminding me. Trubisky is showing a trait of really good QBs, especially experienced ones. Spread the ball around and not merely relying on one 'go to' guy to bail him out.

I'm really interested to see how Shaheen adds to the mix when he is back.,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×