18 members have voted

1. 1. What is the GOTW?

• #6 Michigan @ #24 Michigan State
    • #9 Oklahoma @ TCU
    • #16 NC State @ #3 Clemson
    • #22 Mississippi State @ #5 LSU
    • #12 Oregon @ #25 Washington State

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

My family had season tickets from the day the Rams moved from LA. I was born in St. Louis and love that city. We went to every game from when they moved through 1998, and then my dad got a job at a certain general company with corporate headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. So we moved in spring of 1999.

While we were there, we stayed through every loss, and we were basically alone in terms of fans who actually cheered the team on. I **** you not, when our family missed a game because we had a funeral to go to, D'Marco Farr asked my mom where we were because we missed the previous game. I'll always remember that.

We moved to Wisconsin in an era before Stubhub where you had to know someone to get tickets, and suddenly we couldn't cheer for our hometown team. It's not the same. I'll never forget what the St. Louis Rams did for my family, and I'll never root for the **** who stole them. He can die.

Okay. Understood. It all still seems like a bit much, though. St. Louis did "steal" the Rams from LA. Plus, look at D'Marco Farr. He still works for the Rams. But yeah, it's your choice. It just strikes me as a bit weird when you root for the other Wisconsin teams. The Rams are still the Rams. They're just playing in a different location. 

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Okay. Understood. It all still seems like a bit much, though. St. Louis did "steal" the Rams from LA. Plus, look at D'Marco Farr. He still works for the Rams. But yeah, it's your choice. It just strikes me as a bit weird when you root for the other Wisconsin teams. The Rams are still the Rams. They're just playing in a different location. 

I rooted for the Brewers over the Cardinals because I was 9 and could actually go to Country Stadium (and then once I turned 11, Miller Park) to cheer them on.

I root for the Badgers because I went to school at the UW of Wisconsin-Madison and owe my, if you don't mind me bragging, very successful career to the reputation of my school. I have a huge debt to my college.

As for the Rams or Packers stuff, the reality is that the majority of Packer fans at my age are spoiled rotten. I'm a Rams fan, and you better than anyone has known what's that like for the last 20 years. As for rooting for the Rams, the only reason I ever rooted for them was because they were in my backyard and a 4 year old me could high five them when no one else would. They're in a different city now. They're not my team. Full stop.

Archived