13. Jalen Jelks Oregon

14. Charles Omenihu Texas

15. Maxx Crosby Eastern Michigan

16. Ben Banogu TCU

17. Shareef Miller Penn State

18. Carl Granderson Wyoming

19. Jonathan Ledbetter Georgia

20. Jordan Brailford Oklahoma State

What's everyones take on Gary? I unfortunately see Bosa, Williams and Allen off the board with the first 3 picks, leaving us with the Oliver/Ferrell/Gary sweepstakes. I would prefer Oliver but I see Edge being the priority and Gary in play.

I like the fact he is versatile and a super athletic dude, but the lack of production does worry me.

13 hours ago, jebrick said:

I think Burns has some of the best bend  in the class.  That is why I think he could be a good OLB but he struggles vs the run.

I agree, he is a 3/4 OLB all the way, same possibly for Jachai Polite, Montez Sweat and Porter Gustin.  Sweat though is strong enough to potentially play DE in a 4/3 but I think at the combine he will do very well in the vertical and his 40 time most likely.  

Burns has a ton of upside and his production getting after the passer is pretty special.  So in a pass rush situation he could easily rush for the 4/3 DE spot but yes against the run could be an issue. He is one of the few defenders on that Florida State D that played hard consistently when it seemed a lot of those guys quit on the D and the season.  

53 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's everyones take on Gary? I unfortunately see Bosa, Williams and Allen off the board with the first 3 picks, leaving us with the Oliver/Ferrell/Gary sweepstakes. I would prefer Oliver but I see Edge being the priority and Gary in play.

I like the fact he is versatile and a super athletic dude, but the lack of production does worry me.

I wouldn't worry one bit about production with Gary, look at the traits. Danielle Hunter had 4.5 sacks in 3 years at LSU. He has the size, has really good technique, good football I.Q, and will probably put up elite numbers in key categories 3 cone, broad jump, 10 yard split. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I agree, he is a 3/4 OLB all the way, same possibly for Jachai Polite, Montez Sweat and Porter Gustin.  Sweat though is strong enough to potentially play DE in a 4/3 but I think at the combine he will do very well in the vertical and his 40 time most likely. 

I would disagree on Sweat.  He has zero lateral movement.  He is a pure 4-3 DE.

9 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I wouldn't worry one bit about production with Gary, look at the traits. Danielle Hunter had 4.5 sacks in 3 years at LSU. He has the size, has really good technique, good football I.Q, and will probably put up elite numbers in key categories 3 cone, broad jump, 10 yard split. 

Oh Gary is going to put on a show at the Combine. 

On 1/28/2019 at 7:21 AM, jebrick said:

I think Burns has some of the best bend  in the class.  That is why I think he could be a good OLB but he struggles vs the run.

They did a breakdown on him on steelersdepot. They weren't as thrilled about his bend. I'd take your word on it over theirs, though. 

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

The bendiest edge rusher is Jachai Polite. Then Clellin Ferrell.

Interesting that you rate Ferrell second. He does many good things as a pass rusher, but to me, bending the edge is third behind his quick first step and technique. Is that for the second tier of edge rushers outside of Bosa and Allen, or overall?

2 hours ago, skhurst0398 said:

Interesting that you rate Ferrell second. He does many good things as a pass rusher, but to me, bending the edge is third behind his quick first step and technique. Is that for the second tier of edge rushers outside of Bosa and Allen, or overall?

He's not explosive, but he's slippery and has excellent technique with his rips and swims. Nobody can seem to get hands on him and he routinely rips around the edge despite not having elite physical traits.