2019 Draft - Edge Rushers

Forge

19 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's good. Sneaky good. Has good size, great speed, and underrated power. I think he could end up being a top 50 pick and exceeding all of his current expectations. Dude is a legitimate talent and doesn't really have bad tape either. He's a little older than most draft prospects IIRC, but that's about my only real concern right now. He still needs refinement, but that's not to be unexpected from ANY draft prospect. He's going to be good.

He turned 23 in January. Not that much older than a lot of guys. 

25 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's good. Sneaky good. Has good size, great speed, and underrated power. I think he could end up being a top 50 pick and exceeding all of his current expectations. Dude is a legitimate talent and doesn't really have bad tape either. He's a little older than most draft prospects IIRC, but that's about my only real concern right now. He still needs refinement, but that's not to be unexpected from ANY draft prospect. He's going to be good.

I didn't see it with Banogu.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Yep, you have to worry about Polite's red flags, but between two pure speed rushers, Polite was the more impressive player. And Polite actually flashed some punch and power on rare occasion. Oddly enough, if you compare Polite's profile with DeMarcus Lawrence's, there are a lot of similarities. Lawrence even had some character and maturity questions. Hopefully, Polite overcomes his too.

EDIT: Here are there NFL.com profiles:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jachai-polite?id=3219504f-4c11-3764-b3c6-cc83363f62fb

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/demarcus-lawrence?id=2543490

If we get Quinnen at 4 and Polite at 24/27, I'll riot. If he can be had at 35, even better.

2 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Jachai Polite reminds me of Dee Ford. Floor & ceiling.

Definitely a notch below Burns & Allen.

I could see Dee Ford too. That's why I like him more than Burns.

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we get Quinnen at 4 and Polite at 24/27, I'll riot. If he can be had at 35, even better.

Gruden is much too crazy to do something that sensible. ;)

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 10:55 PM, ClutchDJ said:

Jachai Polite reminds me of Dee Ford. Floor & ceiling.

Definitely a notch below Burns & Allen.

Dee Ford ran a 4.53 and 4.59 40 at his pro day, obviously Polite unless he fell down or something, which he did not, is simply not as athletic, period.  4.84 is not good, Michael Sam ran a 4.91 after being an athletic edge rusher in college and clearly did not succeed at the next level after early preseason success.  If one cannot show the speed in many ways you cannot play a 3/4 OLB, and with how hard of a time Polite has holding the point of attack as a true DE, he could have issues.  No idea why he did not run the 20 shuttle or do the cone, maybe he was injured or something, he could at least show quickness and explosiveness that way.  

Burns' football IQ jumps off the tape IMO. Plus his hands aren't "strong" per say, like he isn't going to win with just pushing people out of the way, but he has elite hand placement and always has his hands on the opposition's weak point. Also he's scary good at controlling the pocket and creating phantom pressure. And he hits people with authority, so I don't see the "no power", but I wish he was stronger. He also disengages blocks better than anyone in this class. He is super fluid and plays flat zones well enough to make you think with more coaching he could be great in zone. He also creates a ton of forced fumbles, but it won't be from just hit sticking people. I think he looked insanely good even with the added weight, and if he can add another 5-8 lbs he could be a scary good 3-4 OLB. I feel like Burns and Sweat could be interchangeable for different reasons and you can't go wrong with either, but they're def a class below Allen. 

The only good part of the OBJ trade is that one of these two will be there around 17, so DG better take one. 

Edited by YogiBiz
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Burns' football IQ jumps off the tape IMO. Plus his hands aren't "strong" per say, like he isn't going to win with just pushing people out of the way, but he has elite hand placement and always has his hands on the opposition's weak point. Also he's scary good at controlling the pocket and creating phantom pressure. And he hits people with authority, so I don't see the "no power", but I wish he was stronger. He also disengages blocks better than anyone in this class. He is super fluid and plays flat zones well enough to make you think with more coaching he could be great in zone. He also creates a ton of forced fumbles, but it won't be from just hit sticking people. I think he looked insanely good even with the added weight, and if he can add another 5-8 lbs he could be a scary good 3-4 OLB. I feel like Burns and Sweat could be interchangeable for different reasons and you can't go wrong with either, but they're def a class below Allen. 

The only good part of the OBJ trade is that one of these two will be there around 17, so DG better take one. 

I doubt either of them are there at 17.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Dee Ford ran a 4.53 and 4.59 40 at his pro day, obviously Polite unless he fell down or something, which he did not, is simply not as athletic, period.  4.84 is not good, Michael Sam ran a 4.91 after being an athletic edge rusher in college and clearly did not succeed at the next level after early preseason success.  If one cannot show the speed in many ways you cannot play a 3/4 OLB, and with how hard of a time Polite has holding the point of attack as a true DE, he could have issues.  No idea why he did not run the 20 shuttle or do the cone, maybe he was injured or something, he could at least show quickness and explosiveness that way.  

Cough look at DeMarcus Lawrence cough

25 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Yeah, I simply didn't see what you did. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1