2019 Draft - Edge Rushers

Forge

4 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

If he’s really 30lbs heavier than when he played a Florida St, Burns is going to scare a lot of people in the NFL. I feel like he’s a guy that the NFL likes more than the scouting world imo. 

Ask yourself why that would be. We're not talking about a D-III school. Why could he not keep weight on at FSU? Why will that weight now stay on?

• Like 1

Just now, jrry32 said:

Ask yourself why that would be. We're not talking about a D-III school. Why could he not keep weight on at FSU? Why will that weight now stay on?

Steroids!

Ahem, I mean, "an NFL strength and fitness routine."

But really, it probably won't.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Just for clarification, are you saying you did see him mocked in the first round pre-combine, or didn't see him mocked in top 10s after?

DK Metcalf has long been mocked in the top 10, mainly to Buffalo. The combine and his insane measurables really just pushed him more into the public eye. 

Realistically, Metcalf without the neck injury would've probably been floating top 5 all year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scalamania said:

DK Metcalf has long been mocked in the top 10, mainly to Buffalo. The combine and his insane measurables really just pushed him more into the public eye. 

Realistically, Metcalf without the neck injury would've probably been floating top 5 all year. 

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I saw him mocked in the first before the Combine.

Well, color me surprised.  I retract my statement then.

But he still sucks.

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Agree with your take on Bosa but surprised a little that you've got Oliver ahead of him, I like Oliver too but curious why you'd have him ahead of Bosa and not maybe Williams?

Ridiculously disruptive. Quinnen wins with power. While he will definitely be good, he's not the kind of annoying pest that Oliver is. Oliver is in the backfield every single play and will be able to outquick every offensive lineman he faces. I expect Oliver to decimate 1-1 matchups and get more QB hurries than any other player in this draft class. I also value interior pressure a lot more than exterior. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Rashan Gary reminds me of Vernon Gholston when he came out. Combine superstar. I have this feeling he is gonna be a bust.

IMHO, Gary was misused at Mich as an EDGE.  He has no bend to turn a OT.  At best he would be a decent 5-tech in the NFL.  But as a 3 tech, where he can just shoot forward without much lateral movement, he will shine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Burns is like a Beasley or Floyd. I think he'll be ok and do a lot of things well on a football field, but I think he'll struggle to dominate as a pass rusher and thus won't quite have that elite value. I like him in the 11-20 range just fine, but he's not a top ten guy ideally. 

Floyd & Beasley are Burns if they actually knew what the hell they were doing & actually did more than 1 move.

Funny thing is that Floyd is more Josh Allen than he is Burns.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Burns is like a Beasley or Floyd. I think he'll be ok and do a lot of things well on a football field, but I think he'll struggle to dominate as a pass rusher and thus won't quite have that elite value. I like him in the 11-20 range just fine, but he's not a top ten guy ideally. 

Not sure I see that comp as well.  Burns came in 5 pounds heavier than Floyd, but he tested better than Floyd in just about every way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

Floyd & Beasley are Burns if they actually knew what the hell they were doing & actually did more than 1 move.

Funny thing is that Floyd is more Josh Allen than he is Burns.

Josh Allen? Stop.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Not sure I see that comp as well.  Burns came in 5 pounds heavier than Floyd, but he tested better than Floyd in just about every way.

Floyd

6'6" 244

4.60 40

39.5" VJ

10'07" Broad

4.32 Shuttle

7.18 3CD

Burns

6'5" 249

4.53 40

36" VJ

10'09" Broad

7.01 3CD

Mingo

6'4" 241

4.58 40

37" VJ

10'08" Broad

4.39 Shuttle

6.84 3CD

There are pretty minor differences between all three guys.

Edited by jrry32

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Josh Allen? Stop.

Floyd

6'6" 244

4.60 40

39.5" VJ

10'07" Broad

4.32 Shuttle

7.18 3CD

Burns

6'5" 249

4.53 40

36" VJ

10'09" Broad

7.01 3CD

Mingo

6'4" 241

4.58 40

37" VJ

10'08" Broad

4.39 Shuttle

6.84 3CD

There are pretty minor differences between all three guys.

Guys who where somewhat raw coming out of college while being discussed of switching to ILB. The tools are there, but haven’t fully unlocked it yet. Not like Josh Allen is good when it comes to run D.

I think Josh Allen could be Leonard Floyd if Floyd fulfilled his potential.

32 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Guys who where somewhat raw coming out of college while being discussed of switching to ILB. The tools are there, but haven’t fully unlocked it yet. Not like Josh Allen is good when it comes to run D.

I think Josh Allen could be Leonard Floyd if Floyd fulfilled his potential.

Leonard Floyd's issue wasn't rawness. It was his skinny frame and lack of power. Allen is 260+ and plenty strong.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He's 20 years old. He's gonna keep filling out until he's 22/23.