Jump to content
Forge

2019 Draft - Edge Rushers

Recommended Posts

Anyone got a take on Koron Crump?  It's going to be a bit of an ordeal to dig up more tape on him, just wondering if it's even worth it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Anyone got a take on Koron Crump?  It's going to be a bit of an ordeal to dig up more tape on him, just wondering if it's even worth it?

LBC, stop making up players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

LBC, stop making up players.

I swear, I'm not.  He played Devil-Backer (which is the rush end or LEO) for Todd Graham at Arizona State.  Then Herm got there and decided he was too small for a linebacker and relegated him to special teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I swear, I'm not.  He played Devil-Backer (which is the rush end or LEO) for Herm at Arizona State.

You're telling me that Boron Dump played Devil-Backer? I'm onto you, LBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thus far in the PFF college era, most pass rushers who have seen success have hit at least an 85 pass rushing grade. 

Bosa hit it as a freshman and both following years he was over 90

Z.Allen and Winovich hit it both of their final 2 years

Burns,Polite and Sweat did it as juniors

Ferrell and J.Allen did it as seniors

Gary's highest was 73 as a sophomore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So everyone likes Chase Winovich on tape with the caveat that he might be getting by on hustle alone. Then he goes and tests great and it's like nobody knows what to do with that information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

So everyone likes Chase Winovich on tape with the caveat that he might be getting by on hustle alone. Then he goes and tests great and it's like nobody knows what to do with that information. 

I never saw him as a guy getting by on hustle alone. Him testing well doesn't change anything for me. I still see him as somebody who fits somewhere in the mid 2nd to 3rd round range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winovich has the highest floor of any of the EDGE rushers.  He also has a low ceiling because of his lack of explosiveness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Winovich has the highest floor of any of the EDGE rushers.  He also has a low ceiling because of his lack of explosiveness.

I disagree with this. Bosa and Ferrel are both elite technicians. I can't see Winovich having a higher floor than those two. I do like Winvich btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Thus far in the PFF college era, most pass rushers who have seen success have hit at least an 85 pass rushing grade. 

Bosa hit it as a freshman and both following years he was over 90

Z.Allen and Winovich hit it both of their final 2 years

Burns,Polite and Sweat did it as juniors

Ferrell and J.Allen did it as seniors

Gary's highest was 73 as a sophomore. 

I'd say for starters, if you're drafting Gary as a pass rusher, you're probably doing it wrong.  His best fit IMO is a 3-4 end, where I think he's a good prospect.

And I think any time you use stats, advanced as they may be, to evaluate a prospect, you're also doing it wrong.

Don't read this as me advocating for Gary as a top 10 pick though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 9:10 AM, goldfishwars said:

So everyone likes Chase Winovich on tape with the caveat that he might be getting by on hustle alone. Then he goes and tests great and it's like nobody knows what to do with that information. 

Been watching some pass rushers lately.  Burns, Polite, Gary, and Winovich.  I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised by Winovich and his tape is honestly as good as those other 3.  He's constantly in the backfield...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Been watching some pass rushers lately.  Burns, Polite, Gary, and Winovich.  I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised by Winovich and his tape is honestly as good as those other 3.  He's constantly in the backfield...

I wouldn't go quite that far because he doesn't have the same projectable traits, but he's definitely an underrated player imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I wouldn't go quite that far because he doesn't have the same projectable traits, but he's definitely an underrated player imo.

Could just be the games I watched.  I like Burns but after watching him against Miami, I noticed he didn't win a single time going inside.  All of his wins in that game was running the arc.

Watched Winovich against ND, and he was beastly.  Watched Gary and of course Winovich jumped off the screen in that game.

Watched some Josh Allen as well against Georgia and...I have some concerns...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×