2019 Draft - Edge Rushers

Forge

On 11/27/2018 at 8:41 PM, Ozzy said:

What do you mean more tape?  The kid has all kinds of tape, three years of good tape especially the last two.  Just pick your game and type it in on youtube, it could be there, the BC Temple game is on there so I bet many others are also.  

I mean on YouTube.  The only video I found from 2018 was his game against Temple.  And the Temple OL isn't very good, so I'd like see him against higher quality competition.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean on YouTube.  The only video I found from 2018 was his game against Temple.  And the Temple OL isn't very good, so I'd like see him against higher quality competition.

Take your pick, there are a lot of them on there from 2018.  Or simply watch college football!  It is quite great watching live, sure one is watching 4 games at once at times flipping back and forth but keeps one current and live to the results and action.

On 11/28/2018 at 1:01 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

I like him but my big issue with him is his athleticism and mostly an inconsistent motor, there are times where he comes like a bat out of hell, then some times where he's sluggish and comes with no pop or juice. I cant wait to see him in their bowl game and see how he plays on the big stage, as far as his athleticism, he doesn't look super explosive but he could surprise like Jordan Willis did.

He's old for a prospect too. Guys who are like 23/24 in college should be dunking all over guys who are 2-5 years younger than them. Old + inconsistent = not ideal

• Like 1

Am I missing something with Chase Winovich? Why isn't he considered a top prospect? The only reason I could think of is that he doesn't physically look the part of an elite pass rushing prospect and his sack totals are stellar. Otherwise, he looks like the #2 or #3 edge rusher in this class.

27 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Am I missing something with Chase Winovich? Why isn't he considered a top prospect? The only reason I could think of is that he doesn't physically look the part of an elite pass rushing prospect and his sack totals are stellar. Otherwise, he looks like the #2 or #3 edge rusher in this class.

Not sure what his testing measurable will be, but he's listed at 255, but i'd be surprised if he was that much.  As a 3 year starter he had 17.5 sacks, not exactly elite production, and in the biggest game of his collegiate career (win and they were likely in the playoff) he was a no show against Ohio State.

56 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Bruh, 6'2 250, average athleticism, Tweener, just a really good college player. Will not be able to do that act at the next level being undersized and under athletic against athletic behemoth tackles. His best bet is to come in as a ST guy and work his way into a role. He is what he is, if he tries to gain weight, he will lose what little athleticism he has.

He's a nice college player, he works and plays really hard but if his only redeeming trait is how hard he plays, that's not a good thing.

In short, No.....

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bruh, 6'2 250, average athleticism, Tweener, just a really good college player. Will not be able to do that act at the next level being undersized and under athletic against athletic behemoth tackles. His best bet is to come in as a ST guy and work his way into a role. He is what he is, if he tries to gain weight, he will lose what little athleticism he has.

He's a nice college player, he works and plays really hard but if his only redeeming trait is how hard he plays, that's not a good thing.

In short, No.....

I don't know how you could watch Winovich and come to the conclusion that he's unathletic.

giphy.gif

He also seems to have little problems with tackles at the collegiate level. Not saying he'll stack and shed like this in the NFL, but some other names projected ahead of him in this class have a much tougher time getting off blocks than he does.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I haven't watched the Ohio State game so I have no comment on his play there.

I still definitely like Bosa and Allen (probably both Allens) ahead of him in this class. But he's right there with Polite and Sweat for me and ahead of Gary, Burns, and Jackson.

And yes, it's GIF season.

43 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't know how you could watch Winovich and come to the conclusion that he's unathletic.

giphy.gif

He also seems to have little problems with tackles at the collegiate level. Not saying he'll stack and shed like this in the NFL, but some other names projected ahead of him in this class have a much tougher time getting off blocks than he does.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I haven't watched the Ohio State game so I have no comment on his play there.

I still definitely like Bosa and Allen (probably both Allens) ahead of him in this class. But he's right there with Polite and Sweat for me and ahead of Gary, Burns, and Jackson.

And yes, it's GIF season.

No.......

Gif 1. Taking a great angle (straight down the 20 yard line)doesn't constitute athleticism, it is what it is, taking a great angle to cut off an angle.

Gif 2. Took advantage of #72 playing with no knee bend and zero leverage

Gif 3. Come on bro, look at #72's technique, and the worst part was he tried to hit #72 with a jab step and failed, 72's technique (weight distribution) failed him.......

Not a single .Gif you posted dispels what I said before, one was a good angle and the other two was more of what the offensive guy didn't do than what he did do, NO.......

TBH, his best bet to be successful in the NFL may be playing MLB because edge will be too much for what God gave him.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

No.......

Gif 1. Taking a great angle (straight down the 20 yard line)doesn't constitute athleticism, it is what it is, taking a great angle to cut off an angle.

Gif 3. Come on bro, look at #72's technique, and the worst part was he tried to hit #72 with a jab step and failed, 72's technique (weight distribution) failed him.......

Not a single .Gif you posted dispels what I said before, one was a good angle and the other two was more of what the offensive guy didn't do than what he did do, NO.......

TBH, his best bet to be successful in the NFL may be playing MLB because edge will be too much for what God gave him.

Winovich kind of reminds me of Shea McClellin

• Like 1

Winovich was injured against tOSU. Pretty good player decent athlete and a solid #2 OLB probably good value in r2 or 3. Not your #1 guy but might out produce some. Took on a lot of double teams at times

plenty of 6’2 or 6’3 guys around 250lbs. 

I think there was less certainty on position for McClellin who was ok at ILB but injury prone?

7 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

No.......

Not buying your arguments against him. He sheds tackles like in those two GIFs routinely, and other players at his position, including the guy across the line from him, don't do it with the consistency he does. I only cut 3 GIFs, but there are countless plays where Winovich shows at least above average athleticism in cornering and explosion.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Not buying your arguments against him. He sheds tackles like in those two GIFs routinely, and other players at his position, including the guy across the line from him, don't do it with the consistency he does. I only cut 3 GIFs, but there are countless plays where Winovich shows at least above average athleticism in cornering and explosion.

That's fair and I can respect that, I just don't think he can do that at the next level against bigger faster stronger players with elite technique. If he can, more power to him and I'll be the first to congratulate him

19 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Winovich kind of reminds me of Shea McClellin

McClellin wss actually very athletic though. Only thing they really have in common is that they're white.

Winovich is not a great athlete. He's also pretty old for a prospect, which goes a long way towards making you look good in college. He'll need to make it as an effort pass rusher and run defender. His trash talk is honestly one of the biggest selling points for him. I love the guy, but he should be like a 4th round pick. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

What are some opinions on Chares Omenihu? Haven’t heard much on him but I like what I see.

Some teams might think he's too big, some might think he's too small. Depends on what role they want him for. Defenses that are comfortable with positionally ambiguous players will get a steal with him. His length, size, and hands will make him a high-level run defender. He's got good bend and a good get off for his size, if he can learn to use his hands at a really high level then he'll be a great pass rusher as well. Perfect fit for defenses like the Patriots and Lions that basically use a jumbo DE like Trey Flowers. 

• Like 1