2019 Draft - Edge Rushers

Forge

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Jarvis Jones had the explosiveness of a stop sign. The two couldn't be further apart in terms of how they play. Polite could be a bust, sure. But his play style is hilariously different than Jarvis Jones'.

Pretty much the only similarity is that they are EDGE guys who had bad workouts.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Did that one guy who used to frequent this forum ever put out his "Explosive" index rankings for EDGE rushers this year... or w/e it was called?

Are you talking about the Waldo formula? 

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yeah lol

He doesn't post here any more. Justis Mosqueda does a variant from the Waldo formula that he calls "force players", which are usually up on his twitter. Not sure if he houses them anywhere else. If what I read before was right, he only had like 4 in this entire draft class this year. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

He doesn't post here any more. Justis Mosqueda does a variant from the Waldo formula that he calls "force players", which are usually up on his twitter. Not sure if he houses them anywhere else. If what I read before was right, he only had like 4 in this entire draft class this year. 

Hmmm.  Looked through his Twitter.  See he's done it in prior years, but couldn't find anything on the 2019 guys.  Thanks though.

3 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Actually, it's here.  Just annoyingly cryptic.  "FP" = "Force player"

Is the Waldo formula actually useful? I’ve seen a lot of people call it genius and a lot of people call it useless, so I don’t know what to think

On 5/13/2019 at 7:45 PM, AlNFL19 said:

Is the Waldo formula actually useful? I’ve seen a lot of people call it genius and a lot of people call it useless, so I don’t know what to think

The original formula had some pretty solid success in the early years from what I remember, but it was pretty stringent in what it was evaluating. Didn't account for scheme and positional variances and things like that. It was genius, though that didn't make it useful lol

Justis' FP is a variant of Waldo which added to the original formula. I have no idea what his success rate has been overall