2019 Draft - Edge Rushers

Forge

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Just a reminder, Porter Gustin is going to be a OUTSTANDING value to a team

I always forget about him, but I do really like his traits. He's built like a freaking tank and has surprising burst off the edge. Not really quick, but he's got an explosive first step, which is all you need to be a pass rusher. I think he's a DE and won't be able to cover anyone as a 34 OLB. He's a great leader and plays with intensity and passion every snap.

10 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Just a reminder, Porter Gustin is going to be a OUTSTANDING value to a team

Also, I could 100% seeing the Lions drafting him if he's there in the 4th round. Devon Kennard is the starter at their standup edge position, but they need someone to rotate with him. Gustin and Derick Roberson are the two guys projected in that area that I think can make an impact

On 12/21/2018 at 7:02 PM, IDOG_det said:

My only concerns are the health and I think he actually may have gotten too big. His mobility and flexibility look limited to me.

He's that kind of player who seems good not great but 10 years down the road he has like 8 pro bowls and 3 or 4 all-pro seasons. Like a Jared Allen type player. Like I said I want my Cowboys to grab him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who are the first round edge rushers in this class?

Also, what is the general opinion on Montez sweat? I've seen him mocked to us in late 1 so many times. But I don't know much about him.

I like sweat, but don't love him. I think that seems to be a common refrain from just randomly looking around. It feels like he's going to be a guy who's locked in as that guy who's going to elicit a chorus of "solid pick" when he goes, but not much else. No real talk after that. He'll get drafted where most think he will and should go, and that will be that

My problem is that I don't know that I see a huge ceiling with him. Like, he checks a lot of the boxes, but he grades out at like B on most things, you know? There's no A+ traits to me, nothing elite about him. Lots of good, nothing great.. Well, except maybe his length. 

He's got a good motor, works hard on the field. Covers ground with that length, but his get off is inconsistent. Don't love his age (5th year senior) and he's a little rigid and angular. Athleticism won't be a strong point and he won't crush the combine.  Strong hands, uses them well for the most part. I'd like to see him adjust on the fly a little more. He's the pass rushing equivalent of a quarterback that stares down his reads a little too much. There's nothing that makes you want to avoid him, nothing that makes you enamored with him. Worth a mid to late first, but it won't be an awe inspiring selection if you know what I mean. 

• Like 1

I’d say 1st round edge guys are Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, Clelin Ferrell, Rashan Gary, Brian Burns, Jochai Polite and Montez Sweat. I like other players with a chance like Zach Allen, Jaylon Ferguson, Oshane Ximines and De’Andre Walker but each of them I feel either have enough question marks about their game and/or lack of production for whatever reason or physical limitations. I don’t know if all the guys I listed initially go in the 1st but wouldn’t surprise me at all if they all fell within the first 32 picks.