2019 Draft - Edge Rushers

Forge

57 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Where does the line between cockiness and confidence get crossed there?  I have no issues with a player thinking he's the best player in the draft.

Me either. 

Wouldn't it be a bit more alarming if he said he wasn't worth the #1 Overall pick? 

"I'm good, but yeah, people are crazy if they are looking at me as the #1 overall pick. I'd say that #4 - #6 range is probably more acceptable for a player of my talent and skill"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Me either. 

Wouldn't it be a bit more alarming if he said he wasn't worth the #1 Overall pick? 

"I'm good, but yeah, people are crazy if they are looking at me as the #1 overall pick. I'd say that #4 - #6 range is probably more acceptable for a player of my talent and skill"

I'd be very impressed by that player's intelligence and self awareness.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don't see why anyone is having any issue with this.  He's one of the most productive pass rushers in the Draft, and unlike Bosa he produced this year.  Legitimate question to ask, if Nick Bosa's last name wasn't Bosa would he get the same kind of treatment?

Is this real life? You mean the same Bosa who came off the bench and still led the B1G in TFLs and led the team in sacks and had 4 sacks in 3 games before he got injured and was on pace for 16 sacks??? And you seriously ask if he would be considered a #1 prospect? Please tell me this is a joke.

18 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Because you want players with humility and not get mouthy. Cause one can be a distraction, more then one and you become the Steelers.

What is this? This isn't middle school football, bad take. John Randle, Warren Sapp, Lawrence Taylor, James Harrison and JJ Watt all talked, all were studs. This is a tough guy sport, full of bad dudes, what you are describing as far as "humility" and "soft spokenness" A.K.A nice guy football is reserved for D-III and Ivy League.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Where does the line between cockiness and confidence get crossed there?  I have no issues with a player thinking he's the best player in the draft.

So how do you tell the difference between the two? Because I'm sure Antonio Brown thinks he's the best player in the NFL yet won't shut the hell up. Best way to know you don't have a drama queen on your hand is if the guy just keeps his mouth shut on the subject. Ramsey also liked to talk and rumor's start flying about him being traded and he keeps talking because the Jaguars are losing.

31 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

What is this? This isn't middle school football, bad take. John Randle, Warren Sapp, Lawrence Taylor, James Harrison and JJ Watt all talked, all were studs. This is a tough guy sport, full of bad dudes, what you are describing as far as "humility" and "soft spokenness" A.K.A nice guy football is reserved for D-III and Ivy League.

I think you missed the point of the Steelers comment.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Me either. 

Or show some humbleness and say

"I believe i'm worthy of the No.1 pick, but there's alot of other great players coming out so I'll be happy with who selects me cause that's who I want to play for."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Or show some humbleness and say

"I believe i'm worthy of the No.1 pick, but there's alot of other great players coming out so I'll be happy with who selects me cause that's who I want to play for."

Why does he need to qualify the statement that he thinks he's worthy of the number one pick? Why can't he just be confident that he thinks he's worth it? Kid has worked hard to overcome learning disabilities, put on weight and get better, played in his team's bowl game when he didn't have to...yet we have problems with him being confident and making his claim as the best person in this draft. That's just weak. There's plenty to ding him for, this isn't one of them. 

Just now, Forge said:

Why does he need to qualify the statement that he thinks he's worthy of the number one pick? Why can't he just be confident that he thinks he's worth it? Kid has worked hard to overcome learning disabilities, put on weight and get better, played in his team's bowl game when he didn't have to...yet we have problems with him being confident and making his claim as the best person in this draft. That's just weak. There's plenty to ding him for, this isn't one of them. 

It's not the fact he thinks he's worthy of the pick. Plenty of guys think they are and plenty comment on it. It's just the way it came across when reading it, at first I thought the last bit of his statement was his mind wandering off and not having anything clever to say. But this sounds more like he thinks he has no peers. It was just a weird statement but that's how it came across to me.

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Read rest of post

I did and it doesn't make any sense. Brady and Billicheck didn't become the most successful dynasty by having diva's on their team. Infact Moss's most successful year there he shut the hell up when playing in that locker room. Having a unified team excluding "me" players are the one's who win the SB. So again my comment has nothing to do with being a tough dude in a rough sport.

4 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Lol.

I think we're here to discuss and bounce stuff off each other. And we're allowed to change our minds right up until draft night. After seeing just about every 17' game I'd only watched a few this season until this convo made me find all his 18' stuff.

He's not the same player he was last season at all imo. I think he went from a high 2nd to top 10. Factoring that progression is part of the eval.

Nice to see you have changed your mind, I just find it odd your entire opinion of the guy was based on last years games?  I thought people stayed quite current on prospects and comment on what they have done recently.  I always want to be right on current, but maybe that is just me.  But yeah I agree he is a top 10 guy no doubt, has had an amazing year.  I had him late 1st round to start the year but clearly has increased from that, there is just a lot to like about him as a player.  

16 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I did and it doesn't make any sense. Brady and Billicheck didn't become the most successful dynasty by having diva's on their team. Infact Moss's most successful year there he shut the hell up when playing in that locker room. Having a unified team excluding "me" players are the one's who win the SB. So again my comment has nothing to do with being a tough dude in a rough sport.

Well it makes plenty of sense to me, the league is full of bad guys and it's up to the leadership to direct and lead it, pretty simple. Plus Brady and Belichick is an exception, not the norm

Edited by MSURacerDT55

40 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Well it makes plenty of sense to me, the league is full of bad guys and it's up to the leadership to direct and lead it, pretty simple. Plus Brady and Belichick is an exception, not the norm

They are the gold standard of which every other team tries to emulate. The Steelers used to be that way with how they conducted themselves and keeping players from creating bad press and now they've lost control. Point is teams like players with confidence but diva's are another matter. I'm not saying he's going to be one. But his comment came across a little pompous.

Edited by Calvert28