2019 Draft - Edge Rushers

Forge

Waldo formula really emphasises agility. Doesn’t like stiff athletes so someone like Jaylon Ferguson would be at the bottom of the pile according to it.

it showed Joey Bosa to have off the charts agility and rated him as one of the lowest risk prospects. I remember sackseer wasn’t super high on him but run the Waldo numbers and he’s off the charts.

2 hours ago, lark25 said:

Waldo formula really emphasises agility. Doesn’t like stiff athletes so someone like Jaylon Ferguson would be at the bottom of the pile according to it.

it showed Joey Bosa to have off the charts agility and rated him as one of the lowest risk prospects. I remember sackseer wasn’t super high on him but run the Waldo numbers and he’s off the charts.

It would be interesting to see Sutton Smith on the Waldo rating.  6.75 3-cone drill.

15 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Did that one guy who used to frequent this forum ever put out his "Explosive" index rankings for EDGE rushers this year... or w/e it was called?

There was also the KEI (Kerwin explosiveness index)  which was BJ + VJ + Bench.  Numbers above 70 were considered good. 

• Like 1

Not sure about Sutton as it takes into account weight. Bosa had a 3 cone around 6.8 at 270lbs which is insane, similarly his short shuttle was also elite. Those quicks and agility plus his hand use make him elite.

players have to be really explosive for explosion to rate them. Waldo formula also loved miles Garrett who is a sparq freak, so those guys do show up but only the real freaks.

On 5/14/2019 at 6:37 AM, lark25 said:

I'm pretty sure Waldo's formula was more on explosiveness at weights.  A 4.6 forty at 280 pounds is significantly more impressive than at 220 pounds, which is why it should be weighted differently.