2019 NFL Draft - Interior Defensive Line

Forge

20 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Rashan Gary announced that he's entering the draft.  He's had a pretty underwhelming career for all his hype and I'm sure the medical people will be all over his shoulder.

Put some good weight on, at least up to 290 quit trying to be an edge defender and be in the mold of a Gerald McCoy and go. Problem solved

21 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I do too but why not be an overly athletic DT than an adequate DE?

Exactly. Why try really hard to be one of the few who can play that spot at that size (i.e. Cam Jordan, JJ Watt) when you can easily bump down inside and be like one of the many who play in the interior at ~290-295lbs?  

15 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

I was thinking about Miami, specifically. We're getting killed when team run to the right on us. Gary or Allen would be great.

They would, but it would be a waste. You can find guys for that later in the draft. Isaiah Buggs, Charles Omenihu, Jabari Zuniga, McTelvin Agim, Byron Cowart, etc. are all guys who could play that kind of role and could be had after the first round (pending on if some of them declare for this draft)

8 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Exactly. Why try really hard to be one of the few who can play that spot at that size (i.e. Cam Jordan, JJ Watt) when you can easily bump down inside and be like one of the many who play in the interior at ~290-295lbs?  

That would be perfect for him, he already wears his weight well an extra 7-10 lbs wouldn't kill his athleticism, my fear for him is that he will show up in the 260's trying to run a 4.5 and impress  scouts when that might not be the optimal position for him moving forward. Him showing up at 285-288 and running 4.6/4.7 is just as good

8 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Greg Gaines seems like a hell of a NT prospect. Love his power and gap control.

He is going to be drafted at a great value due to all of the other great prospects in this class. He is a garbage man supreme, I love his game, he brings his hard hat and overalls and is ready to kick some a**

On 11/30/2018 at 8:43 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

He is going to be drafted at a great value due to all of the other great prospects in this class. He is a garbage man supreme, I love his game, he brings his hard hat and overalls and is ready to kick some a**

He reminds me of Casey Hampton. 

Archived