2019 NFL Draft - Interior Defensive Line

Forge

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

If a position switch is coming, expect him to go in the 3rd or later. Having a giant sized ILB in today's game is fairly worthless. 

It’s not happening. Makes zero sense. Just have to use him as a light speedy 3-tech.

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

It’s not happening. Makes zero sense. Just have to use him as a light speedy 3-tech.

Yeah, it's really stupid to suggest it. Why would you take a player who will probably succeed at a very important position and turn him into the fullback of the defense? Maybe this would work in 1992, but not now. Bruschi would be in over his head in today's game.

42 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, it's really stupid to suggest it. Why would you take a player who will probably succeed at a very important position and turn him into the fullback of the defense? Maybe this would work in 1992, but not now. Bruschi would be in over his head in today's game.

To be kind, Patriots are still drafting 250 pound linebackers. 

6 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I think he’d be okay there but if you want a true 3-4 NT anchor go with Greg Gaines. 

I think he's too stiff and 1-dimensional in the NFL. He's a guy I'd take in the 6th and play him over the C in goaline-type defensive formations. 

9 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

I think he's too stiff and 1-dimensional in the NFL. He's a guy I'd take in the 6th and play him over the C in goaline-type defensive formations. 

Gaines?   He works down the line laterally better than any of the power NT's I've seen in recent years. He routinely shocks OL, re-establishes the LOS, and rides them to the football. He's much better than just a space eater 0-Tech. I see him routinely stack, shed, and make plays in the C-D gap.

On 1/30/2019 at 1:02 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Gaines?   He works down the line laterally better than any of the power NT's I've seen in recent years. He routinely shocks OL, re-establishes the LOS, and rides them to the football. He's much better than just a space eater 0-Tech. I see him routinely stack, shed, and make plays in the C-D gap.

He has some Kyle Williams in his game 

Archived