2019 NFL Draft - Interior Defensive Line

Forge

54 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

he's a penetrating 3tech all day having him at NT would be a waste of talent. If you want an Ideal NT, Dexter Lawrence is your man

Pretty comfortably 

as a penetrating 3 tech- who do you think has a better skill set Simmons or Wilkins? 

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:
On 2/1/2019 at 7:15 PM, byrdbrane said:

With Jeffrey Simmons not being at the Combine, do you guys think he will still get drafted in the first round?

Pretty comfortably 

Hope he makes it to GB at 12.  With GB hiring Luke Getsy as QB coach, they should get some solid background intel on Simmons regarding his past off field incident.  Would like to see GB take him at 12 if the off field stuff is a not a red flag 

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Any chance Wilkins isn’t available at 17? Who could possible take him before Cleveland?

Depending on who is taken before us theirs a very good chance the Falcons go to that well once again for a clemson D-lineman to pair with Vic and Grady.

I would say if Both Williams guys, Oliver, Ferrell, and Simmons are gone then you would probably see the Falcons take Wilkins at 14 if we go DT which is highly possible.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

But dominates people much larger. He's going to be fine. There is zero evidence of his size causing him problems on tape. I don't see that manifesting itself in the NFL all of a sudden.

I don't think he has the power to do that at the next level.  Quickness is his game, and I think he will struggle to make an impact if he doesn't win on his first step as he won't be able to out-quick NFL OL as easily.  I'm also concerned about him having the power to hold up against the run as his frame may be maxed out.  I get the Donald comparisons, but Aaron Donald had much more power and the frame to add muscle.  

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I don't think he has the power to do that at the next level.  Quickness is his game, and I think he will struggle to make an impact if he doesn't win on his first step as he won't be able to out-quick NFL OL as easily.  I'm also concerned about him having the power to hold up against the run as his frame may be maxed out.  I get the Donald comparisons, but Aaron Donald had much more power and the frame to add muscle.  

He's a 3-Tech all the way. He won't be asked to take on double teams or be gap sound. He's the dude that disrupts every single play. That's his sole job. He'll never be a stack & shed DT, but that's ok. You're bringing him in to rush the passer and get TFL's. He's going to be elite in that area IMO.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

He's a 3-Tech all the way. He won't be asked to take on double teams or be gap sound. He's the dude that disrupts every single play. That's his sole job. He'll never be a stack & shed DT, but that's ok. You're bringing him in to rush the passer and get TFL's. He's going to be elite in that area IMO.

Obviously, you may be right.  My concern is that he is going to be a one-trick pony, and won't be able to put on enough muscle to do anything other than try to out-quick OL.  Which will make him predictable, and when OL get their hands on him, he is out of the play.

On 2/3/2019 at 1:12 PM, Counselor said:

Oliver is being slept on pathetically 

Maybe, he brought it on himself how he reacted to situations during this past college football season.  Not freaking your S$*%& on a coach about a coat was just the tip of the things that went down there at Houston I feel.  But once he is at the combine and does very well in his mobility drills and testing, runs a good 40 people will get back on the ball and the kid should still be a top 5 pick at worst top 10 but I doubt he falls out of the top 5.  Sure might not be the clear #1 like he was considered all year but so what, the kid is a freak show and is the modern day ideal DT prospect because of his athletic ability and quickness off the ball.  

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Maybe, he brought it on himself how he reacted to situations during this past college football season.  Not freaking your S$*%& on a coach about a coat was just the tip of the things that went down there at Houston I feel. 

I agree and disagree with this. I mean, Nick Bosa quit the team and he'll still go Top 5. If a QB does what Bosa did, he's got MAJOR red flags for competitiveness, work ethic, dealing with adversity, etc. (BTW, I don't fault Bosa for leaving and making his money, just arguing the opposite).

Archived