2019 NFL Draft - Interior Defensive Line

Forge

14 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

How many snaps does he play for Clemson? Maybe fatigue is something to consider.

Didn't Dontari Poe have this same issue?

There wasn't a pattern to it like there would be with fatigue.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, N4L said:

Between Oliver and who?

I could see them going Oliver, Metcalf (if he’s there as well), Hockenson, an edge rusher, or trading down. I’m hoping at this point in time for a trade down in the first to grab Hockenson, then a trade up from the second to grab Harry. But that’s just me. If we can get Ansah I really think it’s between Oliver and Hockenson/WR. We do have a need at DT, but it’s not overly glaring. 

3 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

I remember most didn’t like the thought of Oliver being passed by another IDL in Quinnen Williams. 

Do some still feel that way?

I don't think so, and I think it's less about Oliver and just more about appreciation for QW, tbh. I think a lot of people disliked the Oliver thing at first because it was maybe more about a reflection on Oliver.  Now I think it's more about how good QW is and people simply coming to terms with that. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:01 AM, ClutchDJ said:

Also, Raekwon Davis was extremely overrated in this thread a couple months ago. Yikes. Glad he went back to school.

Was the focus of opposing team's blocking schemes because of his success in 2017, Thus Quinnen Williams broke out, played better when the blocking scheme shifted to Williams. Talent is/was still there

• Like 1