2019 NFL Draft - Interior Defensive Line

Forge

14 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Being unbiased,Williams reminds me of a lengthier peak Geno Adkins. His technique and hand play is immaculate, he is also physical and isn't afraid of contact and leverages the hell out of linemen. He plays as well with his hands as I've seen in a long time excluding the Bosas 

He's Kenny Clark with a swim move. Hell of a player, not sure that's worth a top 2 pick as everyone has him.

5 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

He's Kenny Clark with a swim move. Hell of a player, not sure that's worth a top 2 pick as everyone has him.

Not going to lie, I dug deep into his film,I see the traits though. Although I still have some of the same arguments, but I cant definitely see the potential.

Kenny Clark huh? Williams is definitely stout at the POA but not as physically developed in his lower body and I think Williams projects as a 3 tech, no? Plus Clark DESTROYS double teams, Williams, not so much, he has one gap written all over him IMO, but then again Kenny Clark with penetration skills is a problem 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not going to lie, I dug deep into his film,I see the traits though. Although I still have some of the same arguments, but I cant definitely see the potential.

Kenny Clark huh? Williams is definitely stout at the POA but not as physically developed in his lower body and I think Williams projects as a 3 tech, no? Plus Clark DESTROYS double teams, Williams, not so much, he has one gap written all over him IMO, but then again Kenny Clark with penetration skills is a problem 

Kenny Clark is a bad man. He's got a ridiculously strong hand punch and base underneath him. He reminded me of Suh in college because of the jarring power he had. Haven't been able to watch Clark in the pros, but allegedly he's very good.

Williams reminds me of Darnell Dockett actually. The Pro Bowl version of Dockett that we got for a few years before he started to disappear.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Raiders slotted to pick at #2 now. Arizona has got to do Bosa, leaving the Raiders with Williams most likely. I just don't know what to think of the guy. It sounds like he is a good prospect but some question his value at #2.

Q Williams would help the Cards more.  Bustdiche cant be counted on and Peters will be 31.  Bosa opposite CJ would be nice but the run D and interior rush is utter trash.  

8 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Q Williams would help the Cards more.  Bustdiche cant be counted on and Peters will be 31.  Bosa opposite CJ would be nice but the run D and interior rush is utter trash.  

You take Bosa 100-100 times, you can address the interior in FA and this class is so stacked at DT that you can have a guy like Raekwon Davis, Derrick Brown, or even Dexter Lawrence might slip into round 2 which is crazy. Also research names like Isaiah Buggs, Demarcus Christmas, Greg Gaines, Rashard Lawrence, and Terry Beckner Jr, these guys can be some really nice value who can make a difference from the 3rd and lower.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You take Bosa 100-100 times, you can address the interior in FA and this class is so stacked at DT that you can have a guy like Raekwon Davis, Derrick Brown, or even Dexter Lawrence might slip into round 2 which is crazy. Also research names like Isaiah Buggs, Demarcus Christmas, Greg Gaines, Rashard Lawrence, and Terry Beckner Jr, these guys can be some really nice value who can make a difference from the 3rd and lower.

I didn’t think he was on the level of Clowney/Garrett where 32 teams would make the same pick at #1.  I’ve read he’s the safest pick but two big injuries on college/HS could give teams hesitation.  

The varied takes on Quinnen Williams are hilarious. Nobody really knows what he is... other than that he’s good.

A faster, more technical Jay Ratliff. Why not throw that into the mix.

Also still believe Raekwon is a better value later on. Especially if he falls to the 2nd.

Edited by One Punch Man

1 minute ago, One Punch Man said:

The varied takes on Quinnen Williams are hilarious. Nobody really knows what he is... other than that he’s good.

A faster, more technical Jay Ratliff. Why not throw that into the mix.

Also still believe Raekwon is a better value later on. Especially if he falls to the 2nd.

That would be a sin if Raekwon falls to the freaking 2nd round.  No way that happens for a man that massive and with that type of wingspan and athletic ability.  Maybe mid to late 1st but even that is a pretty big maybe I would say.  

Quinnen it will be very interesting how he plays against Oklahoma who arguably has the best OL in college football and has as good of interior as anyone with Humphrey, Powers and Samia not to mention the fine tackles in Evans of Ford.  Oh and a Heisman winning QB who is very quick and athletic.  Will be quite a matchup potentially.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

That would be a sin if Raekwon falls to the freaking 2nd round.  No way that happens for a man that massive and with that type of wingspan and athletic ability.  Maybe mid to late 1st but even that is a pretty big maybe I would say.  

Quinnen it will be very interesting how he plays against Oklahoma who arguably has the best OL in college football and has as good of interior as anyone with Humphrey, Powers and Samia not to mention the fine tackles in Evans of Ford.  Oh and a Heisman winning QB who is very quick and athletic.  Will be quite a matchup potentially.  

With the crazy depth on the trenches in this draft class, and his lack of stat sheet success? I would not be shocked. 

Every single one of them likely has a place on an NFL roster. So if Quinnen blows up the playoffs like Davis did last year.. he’s going top 2. He has to. The hype will be too strong.

6 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

With the crazy depth on the trenches in this draft class, and his lack of stat sheet success? I would not be shocked. 

Every single one of them likely has a place on an NFL roster. So if Quinnen blows up the playoffs like Davis did last year.. he’s going top 2. He has to. The hype will be too strong.

All one has to do with Raekwon is look back to last season, it was not that long ago.  And at times this year he has been impressive even if he has not always got home to the QB for a sack.  At times against Georgia in the title game he was a demon out there, he was one scary looking prospect in terms of a huge guy playing that hard and aggressive going after the football as a tackler.  He is impressive and would be an absolute shock if he is not taken in the 1st round to me.

Williams is going top 2 I think and ahead of Oliver but not ahead of Bosa.  That could change though if he does indeed dominate in the Playoff he could easily got #1 overall sure but will see.  Nick Bosa is a very solid prospect who can do it all from the edge, and has done it longer than Williams has obviously.