2019 NFL Draft - Off the ball Linebackers

Forge

Devin White, Devin Bush, Joe Giles-Harris, and TJ Edwards will all have value. White is a freak, mentally needs work but will be one of the biggest, most explosive LBs in the league from day one. Bush has great speed, also very explosive, hits hard. Some will be concerned with his size but it shouldn't matter, he's strong enough and avoids blocks well enough. Giles-Harris is great in coverage and has earned some great experience in some more unique/complex schemes at Duke. TJ Edwards is huge but runs well for his size, teams that like to move their LBs around will love him.

44 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Paddy Fisher, anyone?

A redshirt sophomore from Northwestern. Incredibly low chance that he leaves early. He's good though, I would actually like to see him get a tad smaller so he can get just a little bit quicker and faster to help in coverage. 

On 10/18/2018 at 10:50 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

Curious to hear people's thoughts on this one. Not a lot of guys have really stood out for me here just yet. Definitely thinking my Browns may be in the market for a promising young rookie.

TJ Edwards

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:10 AM, IDOG_det said:

Devin White, Devin Bush, Joe Giles-Harris, and TJ Edwards will all have value. White is a freak, mentally needs work but will be one of the biggest, most explosive LBs in the league from day one. Bush has great speed, also very explosive, hits hard. Some will be concerned with his size but it shouldn't matter, he's strong enough and avoids blocks well enough. Giles-Harris is great in coverage and has earned some great experience in some more unique/complex schemes at Duke. TJ Edwards is huge but runs well for his size, teams that like to move their LBs around will love him.

No love for Mack Wilson? Or you don't think he'll declare? I think, despite being undersized, he could easily be the first LB off the board come draft day.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:05 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

How good is Devin White? Top 15 pick good? I'd love for the Raiders to target D with 2 of their 3 first rounders this year. Preferably DE  then S or LB.

Athletically speaking, he's great. But he seems to have trouble diagnosing plays. Needs to improve in terms of Football IQ and processing. Could easily go in the top 15 based on skill.

On 10/23/2018 at 10:15 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

Athletically speaking, he's great. But he seems to have trouble diagnosing plays. Needs to improve in terms of Football IQ and processing. Could easily go in the top 15 based on skill.

Yeah, if you're taking him in the Top 15, you'd better have a DC that has plans to use him in pretty simple fashion (attack-only) for his first several years.  Instincts make the linebacker and I'm not really sure I see great ones with White.  And we've seen plenty of guys who were athletically-gifted but instinct-challenged who flamed out after being highly drafted and then just bounced around the league with egotistical coaches thinking that their scheme and methods would be the one to finally get something out of the guy.

There's a role for White in the NFL, but I feel like he may be strictly a 4-3 WILL who may always be a liability in certain aspects of the game.

Archived