2019 NFL Draft - Secondary

Forge

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

The Washington CB Murphy is getting some hype, but I hate how skinny he is. 1st round ability, but he could break in half.

This honestly makes no sense. He's listed at 185 and will probably be 195 at the combine. He's also only 20 years old. His height/weight isn't going to be a problem, in fact, it should be viewed positively. I don't know what makes you think he could "break in half". He isn't a soft corner, he hits and plays physically. 

1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

This honestly makes no sense. He's listed at 185 and will probably be 195 at the combine. He's also only 20 years old. His height/weight isn't going to be a problem, in fact, it should be viewed positively. I don't know what makes you think he could "break in half". He isn't a soft corner, he hits and plays physically. 

He looks skinny.  I don't buy 185. Looks like 175.

On 10/18/2018 at 3:14 PM, Jeezla said:

The Washington CB Murphy is getting some hype, but I hate how skinny he is. 1st round ability, but he could break in half.

Yeah I do not see that, sure he is thin but the kid has sick coverage skills and in terms of pure coverage ability Greedy Williams might be the only other corner better than him out there currently.  And in the NFL today where you cannot touch anyone or hit anyone really that hard, size is becoming less and less of an issue compared to flat out speed and agility.  

Love Juan Thornhill as a safety prospect.  Has corner skills and has been making huge plays the last few weeks.  Not to mention his teammate Bryce Hall who is a possible star corner with big time length, could work his way into being a JR CB who declares early for the draft.

And I have to watch him more but in terms of that JR CB class of guys who could come out early, Julian Love on Notre Dame might be another one of them, big time feet and coverage skills I feel.  Has really improved off last year where he did get beat a lot.  Have not watched AJ Green ok Ok State recently, curious how he has been doing after showing such promise as a sophomore CB. Also have brought it up in my prospect standout thread but Brandon Watson has impressed a lot as a SR I feel, versatile CB with some good toughness to him who can play the slot at times.

On 10/24/2018 at 2:24 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

I saw a mock that had DeAndre Baker over Greedy Williams today. Am I crazy to call that ridiculous?

Greedy is the only DB from this class I would consider a 1st rounder. Don't know what people see in Baker. He couldn't cover a guy in a wheel chair. 

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

Greedy is the only DB from this class I would consider a 1st rounder. Don't know what people see in Baker. He couldn't cover a guy in a wheel chair. 

I mean, that's a bit of an overstatement. Baker is not bad by any means, but he lacks the athleticism to cover those true burner receivers. Conversely, he's shown a great deal of promise when it comes to covering the bigger wideouts or guys who don't rely on their speed to gain separation.

On 10/24/2018 at 4:24 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

I saw a mock that had DeAndre Baker over Greedy Williams today. Am I crazy to call that ridiculous?

Part of the normal ebb and flow of draft season.  Mockers will put Baker over Greedy(insert their guy at any position over a top prospect), then Greedy will be consensus #1 again, then people will poke holes in him leading up to the draft, then he will still be the 1st CB taken.  

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 11:47 AM, freak_of_nature said:

When could Tanner Muse be drafted if he declared for 19'?

Are you a relative to this guy or something?  I would be shocked to see him declare, he does not really standout when I watch Clemson. Is a little slow at safety and maybe could be a special teams guy at then next level or a converted undersized linebacker for coverage.  But he should come back for another year, is not an elite enough talent to come out early I feel.