2019 NFL Draft - Secondary

Forge

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I really like reed the safety from uga 

Me too, but he's going back to UGA. He's also undersized though.

Deionte Thompson is crazy overrated, I agree. He was always way overrated to me and then he got roasted in the playoffs. Looked like an undrafted player in the playoffs. Played like a 3rd-5th rounder before that anyways. I never got the hype with him. I liked Ronnie Harrison 100x better than I like Thompson this year.

Nasir Adderley

Deionte Thompson

Taylor Rapp

Juan Thornhill

Marquise Blair

My top 5 in order.

I liked Thornhill a lot earlier in the season, & I still do, but man he really doesn’t have a standout trait. Jack of all traits, master of none. 

I soured on Jonathan Abram & Jaquan Johnson. Just don’t see it with them.

Edited by ClutchDJ

14 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Nasir Adderley

Deionte Thompson

Taylor Rapp

Juan Thornhill

Marquise Blair

My top 5 in order.

I liked Thornhill a lot earlier in the season, & I still do, but man he really doesn’t have a standout trait. Jack of all traits, master of none. 

I soured on Jonathan Abram & Jaquan Johnson. Just don’t see it with them.

Curious what you don't like about Abram. I'm impressed by his physicality and versatility. For a guy who is a big time tackler and hitter, he's surprisingly sticky in man coverage. I think he could be a good replacement for Chung in NE. Admittedly, I've only charted a few of his games, so I haven't finished his grade. If you can point me to games / plays that give you concern, I'd be happy to update my evaluation.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, reamer said:

Curious what you don't like about Abram. I'm impressed by his physicality and versatility. For a guy who is a big time tackler and hitter, he's surprisingly sticky in man coverage. I think he could be a good replacement for Chung in NE. Admittedly, I've only charted a few of his games, so I haven't finished his grade. If you can point me to games / plays that give you concern, I'd be happy to update my evaluation.

I like the Chung comparison for Abram. He's much better in coverage than you'd expect a man of his size to be. He might actually be better in coverage than he is against the run believe it or not.

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

What would be brutally slow? King didn’t even run it at the combine. I could see Baker choosing not too 

I've read he might struggle to post below 4.6 and I like him a lot. Can be a perception thing, if he gets the right side of that threshold then that can be seen as a win. Those long speed questions really hurt King'd draft stock when he was coming out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I've read he might struggle to post below 4.6 and I like him a lot. Can be a perception thing, if he gets the right side of that threshold then that can be seen as a win. Those long speed questions really hurt King'd draft stock when he was coming out. 

Which is part of why I see them as similar. Both are better than they likely time. They make plays and were sticky in coverage. Willing run supporters, King better in that area. But I like Bakers fluidity better than Kings coming out. 

8 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Deandre Baker will time similarly to Joe Haden and have a similarly successful career. I think that's his best comp. A better tackling Joe Haden.

On 12/28/2018 at 6:45 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Why? He's excellent in man coverage, can play press, and sticks to guys like glue even on double moves. He's awesome as a CB prospect if you watch the tape. You might not like his size and speed, as those are merely average for the position, but he's been superb on tape, shutting down some of the most talented WR's in the nation.

Baker reminds me of Desmond King. I thought he would be a 1, as evidenced on many of my posts in the MFN Community Forums, and completely boggled me that he fell so far. King ran slow at the Combine, and Baker might, but that'll just let a team that knows what it's doing draft him.