2019 NFL Draft - Running Backs

Forge

5 hours ago, G08 said:

Anyone have any versatile backs (run with speed/power, excel in the passing game) they like in rounds 3-5?

LJ Scott would fit that criteria quite easily. But at this point you may get him undrafted. It's a shame cause I was touting him since last year, and he is arguably as physically gifted as Rodney Anderson is but not only has he not played hes also had some problems with fumbling and such. But I've seen this guy make smooth cuts and reach his top speed fairly quickly and I have seen him be used as a receiving option too. In the later rounds he will definitely be the guy (unless im missing someone) with the most upside in this RB class.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 7:14 PM, Hawkeyejam said:

David Montgomery has been injured but still like him alot. Think he'll be good in the league

I already touted him before, but as long as he gets right for the Combine, this is the guy I'm heavily invested in as the top RB of this class.  If ppl devalue him and he falls to the top 3-4 instead, all the better.   Complete package, power, elusive, vision - and good blocking/pass-catching ability.  Plus the great sign of success at an early age, and against top-level competition (even more impressive on a meh team, you know you're not getting help by the guys around you nearly as much as when you're on a powerhouse team).  Not a home run speed guy, but with everything else, I'll take that any day of the week.  Plus, Big-10 proven, for trench guys and RB's who aren't from WIS, that's a huuuuge plus.

Edited by Broncofan

Ty Johnson would be a great fit in a ZBS.  Reminds me of a poor-man's Clinton Portis coming out of the U. Probably too high-variance (despite career 7.5 YPC average) to be an every down back, but his speed and contributions to ST (offers some dynamic return ability) should get him drafted on day 3.  I think he's a strong round 4-6 fit.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2018 at 10:28 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Fantastic back, ultra competitor, really good vision, great in pass protection, but isn't blessed with speed. Still can make it though IMO

You just described Kareem Hunt.  He has everything you said, including a 4.66 40 at the combine(faster at his pro day, but who isn't).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Elijah Holyfield has blown me away this year. I hope he declares. Would like to see more of him in the passing game, though.

He's been really good. Had high hopes for him, looked like he was going to get buried behind Swift. Would be good for this class if he leaves early because no one is really looking great.