2019 NFL Draft - Running Backs

Forge

9 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I can see that.  Seems to have some un-natural strength for a guy his size, which could help him excel at the next level...

Exactly, has the balance and leg drive to bowling ball off of defenders like MJD did but can do a lot of what Sproles offers a team. I think I read he should test pretty well too, may see a McKinnon like draft profile.

Edited by Fureys49ers

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

Nope. But that doesn't mean he is the only talent at RB either.

At a quick glance, this RB class isn't very good.  A number of quality backs, but I'm not sure any of them are going to be impact backs.  Kinda reminds me of the '13 class.

If my Eagles don't draft Josh Jacobs or Darrell Henderson, I'd want them to draft Wes Hills in the 4th. He's good.

Might be my #4 or #5 RB in the class after Jacobs, Henderson, and Montgomery. He's right there with Singletary/Rodney Anderson (He'd be #2 w/o the injury concerns), and I like him more than Holyfield/Snell/Sanders. If he cracks 4.49, I'll be all up on that bandwagon.

Edited by Jeezla

Took a look at a handful of HBs lately. The guys who stood out to me were:

Rodney Anderson - IMO, first round talent if healthy. Falls somewhere between Joe Mixon and Gurley for me.

Travis Homer - Love how well rounded he is. His running style is too physical for his size for him to be a workhorse, but he can be a very effective member of a committee. Looks like a kid who can be a great passing-down HB too.

Elijah Holyfield - If he can catch the ball, he'll be one of the NFL's best HBs. He lacks top-end speed, but he has everything else (except for possibly receiving skills). Great footwork, surprising quickness, outstanding vision and patience, "wow" power, and a very technically sound game.

On 13.2.2019 at 7:59 PM, CWood21 said:

Is it bad that I think Rodney Anderson is the most talented RB prospect in this year's draft?

No because not few RB classes will be as talented as the last 2. I'd probably have Rodney Anderson behind Josh Jacobs and in front of Devin Singletary and Damien Harris.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:45 PM, jrry32 said:

Rodney Anderson - IMO, first round talent if healthy. Falls somewhere between Joe Mixon and Gurley for me.

Rodney Anderson is RB1 if he were healthy. He's good at everything and has the size and speed to be taken that high. The injury will likely force him way down into the 4th-5th round, but that creep can roll, man.