2019 NFL Draft - Running Backs

Forge

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:58 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Can Henderson catch out of the backfield at a high level? I'm late to the Henderson party, but I love his basic highlight tape. I haven't formally evaluated him, just scoped his skill set via highlights.

Yes and KC would be smart to add him as their new feature RB. I think he now weights about 210 or so.

22 hours ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Just started watching RBs and I love Montgomery.  That contact balance is so rare and thats something that usually translates.

He's got some Kareem Hunt traits. He's not nearly as quick or fast, but he's got that similar running style and receiving ability. Seems like the exact kind of RB the Chiefs would want. He should be there late in the second round for you guys.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's got some Kareem Hunt traits. He's not nearly as quick or fast, but he's got that similar running style and receiving ability. Seems like the exact kind of RB the Chiefs would want. He should be there late in the second round for you guys.

I'd say Montgomery is much more of a jitterbug than Hunt is. Where they converge is contact balance, vision, and they've got similar top end speed. Montgomery is quicker and more fleet-a-foot while Hunt has more power and is more thickly built.

I consider Montgomery's quickness to be the best in this RB class from what I've seen.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm excited to see what Montgomery could do in the NFL behind a competent offensive line. Depending on where he'll end up, he'll probably be running behind a comparatively better offensive line than what he ran behind in Iowa State.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd say Montgomery is much more of a jitterbug than Hunt is. Where they converge is contact balance, vision, and they've got similar top end speed. Montgomery is quicker and more fleet-a-foot while Hunt has more power and is more thickly built.

I consider Montgomery's quickness to be the best in this RB class from what I've seen.

I'm excited to see what Montgomery could do in the NFL behind a competent offensive line. Depending on where he'll end up, he'll probably be running behind a comparatively better offensive line than what he ran behind in Iowa State.

I have not considered Montgomery an early entry guy because I do not think he will come out early.  But if he does he is for sure one of the top 5 backs in the class no question.  Not sure he would be picked 1st round but as a 2nd or 3rd round pick could be a total steal.  Is arguably the best back in terms of catching passes out of the backfield as well.  And like you said his quickness is very impressive and his ability in a small space to make you miss regardless of the blocking talent around him, solid.  He is the most all around back in the draft if he does indeed come out early, he can run inside, outside and again be a very good receiver as well.

15 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I disagree. It's going to be much harder to find space against NFL defenses than it was against freaking Big 12 defenses regardless of how good or bad his OL is.

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I have not considered Montgomery an early entry guy because I do not think he will come out early.  But if he does he is for sure one of the top 5 backs in the class no question.  Not sure he would be picked 1st round but as a 2nd or 3rd round pick could be a total steal.  Is arguably the best back in terms of catching passes out of the backfield as well.  And like you said his quickness is very impressive and his ability in a small space to make you miss regardless of the blocking talent around him, solid.  He is the most all around back in the draft if he does indeed come out early, he can run inside, outside and again be a very good receiver as well.

Why do you think he'd stay in school?  Just curious, because I don't think he's got anything left to prove and with the short shelf lives that RB's experience, if he's got a Day 2 grade, he should bolt.   I get the argument for staying in school / enjoying the college life, but Iowa State he's getting abused and crushed on a meh team.

Edited by Broncofan

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Why do you think he'd stay in school?  Just curious, because I don't think he's got anything left to prove and with the short shelf lives that RB's experience, if he's got a Day 2 grade, he should bolt.   I get the argument for staying in school / enjoying the college life, but Iowa State he's getting abused and crushed on a meh team.

I think they have accomplished some historic things at Iowa State with him there and with Matt Campbell has signed on for more years, one of the best young coaches in college football. Maybe they could make even more history if he stays next year.  Maybe he enjoys school and wants to do even more from that Iowa State program and his teammates he came in with.  Also he is not this freak show athlete who will be a super high 1st round pick so that is another reason I did not view him as an instant early entry guy.  

Sure he could come out early but that is not always for everyone running back or not.  And if a player plays the game with the main focus of is he going to get injured or not, well maybe might want to play a different game then.  Still see what he decides to do.