2019 NFL Draft - Running Backs

Forge

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ronnie Anderson might slide with his injuries.
Matt Colburn is good.
Qadree Ollison and Darrin Hall from Pittsburgh.

Did Reggie Corbin declare? I really like him.

I have Darrin Hall and Ollison in that conversation for sure, Ollison could be a steal late no doubt.  Corbin did not delcare but I agree I like him as well, he is a quick back with some big play ability and make you miss in him combined with toughness.

Colburn I like but currently have him as a UDFA.

Devine Ozigbo I agree with another poster he could be in the mix and would be of a great value, could go in the 4th though.

Jordan Scarlett Florida RB SR - could be around and has good toughness and power

Justice Hill Ok State RB JR - Might drop unless he times out well, has big play ability but is alittle of what have you done lately

Alexander Mattison Boise State RB JR - Would be a steal and a half, surprised he came out early but is a damn good back with power and speed

Darwin Thompson Utah State RB JR - Another surprise he came out but could be an awesome pickup late, is a big time athlete despite being a small guy

AJ Ouellette Ohio RB RS SR - Love his all around ability as a blocker and pass catcher, tough runner with power could be a FB convert also

James Williams Washington State RB JR - Surprised he came out but is one of the best pass catching RBs in the draft no question, has some ability for sure 

Dexter Williams Notre Dame RB SR - Good speed guy but is kind of a one year wonder

Travis Homer Miami FL RB JR - Not a huge fan of him coming out, wish he would have returned but has show some upside at times

Jacques Patrick Florida State FB SR - Another possible FB convert, tough kid who is a thick strong athlete

Then I have these guys being UDFA possibly.  Might move LJ Scott back in and take one of those other guys out potentially.  He has been really consistent over a long period of time but this past year sucked after literally carrying that team to huge wins earlier in his career, injuries had to deal with that though.  He is basically a SR and I have always considered him that, no clue how he is considered a underclassman unless they considered this past year a RS year, because he lead the team in rushing from 2015-2017.  

Patrick Laird Cal RB RS SR
LJ Scott Michigan State RB SR
Bruce Anderson NDSU RB SR
Alex Barnes Kansas State RB JR
Ty Johnson Maryland RB SR
Soso Jamabo UCLA RB SR
Nick Brossette LSU RB SR

35 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Travis Homer Miami FL RB JR - Not a huge fan of him coming out, wish he would have returned but has show some upside at times

He is incredibly meh. He has no elite traits and doesn't even do the little things all that well. He drops passes, struggles in pass protection, and has mediocre at best vision. His best attribute is what he can do on special teams. He's an excellent gunner and rundown guy on kickoff. He's an ideal 3rd RB to keep on the roster because he'll play special teams, but he's never goin to get it done as a RB in the NFL in my opinion.

28 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't see him dropping. I don't really like him, but I think he times very well and ends up in the 3rd round or so.

True, and yeah like I said if he times well he could easily be a 3rd rounder I agree.  I had him up there before but now with other backs coming out as well I have him knocked down a little.  Is very talented for sure just question his make you miss ability and his ability to take contact and break tackles.  Has always been in a pass happy system where rarely is the defense focusing on the run game.

With Homer I agree, he is not some great back but has flashes at times of big play ability but should have came back to school no doubt I think.  

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Is Jacobs the best RB in this class? He just seems to be good at everything.

Yes, if he was given the full workload at Bama I think you’re easily talking about a top half of the 1st round talent. Vision, speed, lateral agility, power, competitiveness, hands, ability to run routes from outwide, pass blocking, lead block and the willingness to do those less highlighted often forgotten things. There’s a lot to like about this guy, just not a ton a video out there with him sharing the work load. But if you watch his film, there’s typically a handful of plays a game where he flashes all those things I listed above and makes other Bama RBs, who are solid prospects in their own right, look a little less.

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah, but he's not as good as some of the other recent draft classes top RB's. He's going to be a very good pro for sure, but he's not in the Saquon, Gurley, Elliot ilk. 

I would agree but those guys are all pretty special. He seems more a Melvin Gordon type of ceiling RB capable of helping out on all fronts and could be very productive in a solid offense.

8 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I would agree but those guys are all pretty special. He seems more a Melvin Gordon type of ceiling RB capable of helping out on all fronts and could be very productive in a solid offense.

I'm taking Melvin Gordon over Jacobs too, especially as prospects. I think he ends up being more like Michael "The Burner" Turner.

• 2 weeks later...

HB

1. David Montgomery Iowa State

2. Josh Jacobs Alabama

3. Darrell Henderson Memphis

4. Elijah Holyfield Georgia

5. Damien Harris Alabama

6. Benny Snell Jr. Kentucky

7. Devin Singletary Florida Atlantic

8. Rodney Anderson Oklahoma

9. Tony Pollard Memphis

10. Alexander Mattison Boise State