2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

5 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Kelvin Harmon is WR1. Prove me wrong.

Harmon is a guy I haven't seen run a large route tree. He excels when he's running the post route or really anything vertical and he is physical at the high point of the catch. But in terms of being a complete WR I wouldn't say he's in the Juju mold where you can make the argument he's a true No.1 receiver. In fact most guys here won't be able to.

Me personally I would have guys like 4 to 5 guys over him. And even what he's best at I wouldn't say he's the best in this draft class at it especially when you have guys like Metcalf or Colin Johnson who will not only be graded as a few inches taller but also has a greater wingspan, harder to disrupt up in the air and may even be faster then Harmon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Harmon is a guy I haven't seen run a large route tree. He excels when he's running the post route or really anything vertical and he is physical at the high point of the catch. But in terms of being a complete WR I wouldn't say he's in the Juju mold where you can make the argument he's a true No.1 receiver. In fact most guys here won't be able to.

Me personally I would have guys like 4 to 5 guys over him. And even what he's best at I wouldn't say he's the best in this draft class at it especially when you have guys like Metcalf or Colin Johnson who will not only be graded as a few inches taller but also has a greater wingspan, harder to disrupt up in the air and may even be faster then Harmon.

Fair points. For me, that's just the guy who has popped the most of the game tapes I've watched. It could be the competition, or the benefit of a solid NFL QB, but he can be a threat at all three levels. His intermediate game needs a little refining but he's as good as it gets. Arguably the best blocking receiver in this class, too.

Right now, I'll admit there is no clear cut favorite. Metcalf's injury complicated things. Ultimately, I think the combine will play a big factor. A lot of these guys haven't played tough defenses, and their athleticism at the next level is a legitimate question mark.

I wanna see some 40 times dammit

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

their athleticism at the next level is a legitimate question mark

DK Metcalf is not a "question mark" regarding athleticism. He's unquestionably an elite athlete. I really hope you weren't referring to him when you said this

6 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

JJ Arcega Whiteside may be an NFL TE too. Blocks well, pretty big for a receiver. I could see him being converted, depending who drafts him.

JJ I feel has good enough feet and speed to be a WR in the NFL.  I feel putting him at TE would be a disservice to his abilities, he is not that slow and he does not have a TE build in my opinion.  Vance McDonald played WR on Rice our out wide a lot, but he was a true TE prospect because he played at or around 240-260 pounds, JJ has never played at that weight in college.

Best TE in the up coming draft arguably could be Jace Sternberger I feel.   He is potentially the most consistent route runner and best overall pass catching TE in the draft if he comes out early.  Kid is really playing well this year and it is very impressive I feel, has come out of nowhere as well from being at Kansas then going to a JUCO and now playing some big time football.  It is either him or Albert Okwuegbunam, he has Jace on the pure size and length, but as a pure route runner with speed Jace is arguably the best pass catching weapon at that position.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...