2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

Wims only excelled at high pointing. That’s it. He’s not the route runner,  separator at all levels of the field, suddenness out of his breaks, or even YAC-creator(probably Ridley’s weakest era, but then again, I’m not sure if he’s even weak there. Opportunities hasn’t presented itself enough). If anybody is Javon Wims, it’s Collin Johnson.

Here’s a good read on Ridley https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/24/contextualizing-production-a-riley-ridley-story/

Wims wasn't just a jump ball guy. He had quick feet and good suddeness off the line for a big WR. Check this clip starting at .47 from the preseason...that's not a one trick high point guy. Ridley's obviously quicker but also smaller and possibily not as fast flat out. I think Georgia WR's are all pretty solid route runners for the college level.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:57 PM, BrownLeader said:

A.J. Brown - quicker Mo Sanu

I thought about making this same comparison. He's so darn strong especially after the catch.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:57 PM, BrownLeader said:

Greg Dortch - John Brown

I absolutely freaking love Greg Dortch. But isn't he a sophomore?

With Demaryius Thomas tearing his achilles and Will Fuller/Keke Coutee a consistent injury concern, WR just shot up the needs list for Houston.

Any deep threats to be mindful of? Doubt we'll find a Fuller in this class, but who knows?

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Jalen Hurd? Former RB at Tennessee, current WR at Baylor?

Non-NFL prospect. I don't know where he's going to play in the league and be effective. This WR class is too loaded for me to care about Hurd, whom I find to be overrated in all aspects. He is solid playing WR/TE/RB, but he's not GREAT at any of those positions. I think he struggles to make an impact in the NFL. He's pretty stiff to be playing WR in the NFL, as he's not some elite jump ball WR despite his size. There are at least 17-20 other WR's I'd take before him in this draft. The WR group this year is freaking off the charts.

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Jalen Hurd? Former RB at Tennessee, current WR at Baylor?

He'll make a practice squad because some coach will think "what if". Hes a versatile player but just cant seem to put it together for any sort of consistency. 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 8:17 PM, BleedTheClock said:

I thought about making this same comparison. He's so darn strong especially after the catch.

I absolutely freaking love Greg Dortch. But isn't he a sophomore?

Redshirt. He declared for the draft. I had never seen him play until today. He's a day 2 guy for me, but a good player. This receiver class is really deep. I hope we double dip. And I want Ridley, either late 1st or early 2nd. He can run all the routes and after watching him more, I'm convinced he's going to be at least a good 2 in this league.

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Redshirt. He declared for the draft. I had never seen him play until today. He's a day 2 guy for me, but a good player. This receiver class is really deep. I hope we double dip. And I want Ridley, either late 1st or early 2nd. He can run all the routes and after watching him more, I'm convinced he's going to be at least a good 2 in this league.

Dortch has been a favorite of mine for a long time. He's an elite return man and an incredibly gifted slot receiver. Supremely quick in and out of his breaks. Separates from press man coverage with ease and is just as adept at finding green grass and sitting down in a zone. RAC is obviously a strength as well. He is what everyone (myself included) thought Ryan Broyles was going to be. I can't wait to see him in the NFL. Kind of shocked he chose this stacked year to declare, but I'd consider Dortch in the 2nd or 3rd round regardless of how good the class is.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 6:27 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Non-NFL prospect. I don't know where he's going to play in the league and be effective. This WR class is too loaded for me to care about Hurd, whom I find to be overrated in all aspects. He is solid playing WR/TE/RB, but he's not GREAT at any of those positions. I think he struggles to make an impact in the NFL. He's pretty stiff to be playing WR in the NFL, as he's not some elite jump ball WR despite his size. There are at least 17-20 other WR's I'd take before him in this draft. The WR group this year is freaking off the charts.

I have to think someone would burn a 6th/7th round pick on the guy as a lottery ticket - sometimes, "solid" is enough to buy into a guy progressing into a good player. 

• Like 1