2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

I don't see that elite level WR prospect in this class.  There's no Julio or AJ or Hopkins here.  Each of these guys has at least one glaring question mark.

But I think a number of them have the potential to be very good.  Campbell and Brown could be excellent in a Will Fuller role that opens up the offense.  Brown could be great in a slot or possession role.  I don't see an elite guy, but I do see a number of very good #2s in a deep class.

I'm sure a couple of them will turn into #1s, but that's even more of a crapshoot than the draft usually is.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I don't see that elite level WR prospect in this class.  There's no Julio or AJ or Hopkins here.  Each of these guys has at least one glaring question mark.

But I think a number of them have the potential to be very good.  Campbell and Brown could be excellent in a Will Fuller role that opens up the offense.  Brown could be great in a slot or possession role.  I don't see an elite guy, but I do see a number of very good #2s in a deep class.

I'm sure a couple of them will turn into #1s, but that's even more of a crapshoot than the draft usually is.

smokescreen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why draft a wide receiver when you can just trade like a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or a bag of potato chips for Laquon Treadwell?

Depending on the type of chips, I may not even make that offer.

51+X6D6BbSL.jpg

I'm not trading these for Treadwell.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why draft a wide receiver when you can just trade like a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or a bag of potato chips for Laquon Treadwell?

Man, talk about a guy who makes me really second guess what i'm seeing in a WR.  I still don't think i fully understand what happened there.  He was never the most explosive athlete and the numbers kinda backed that up, but he just looks like an empty shell of what he looked like he could become out of college.  Definitely stands to be a long-term fixture on my "all whiff team".

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Man, talk about a guy who makes me really second guess what i'm seeing in a WR.  I still don't think i fully understand what happened there.  He was never the most explosive athlete and the numbers kinda backed that up, but he just looks like an empty shell of what he looked like he could become out of college.  Definitely stands to be a long-term fixture on my "all whiff team".

The one big Q was his ability to separate returning from his 2014 injury.   I think that's what I've learned the most in evaluating WR's, if separation is a flag, no matter the cause, it negates the rest of their skill set once they get to the NFL.  Because once Treadwell can't separate, he doesn't have the phone booth ball-fight/box-out skills needed to win in true 50-50 situations.  

To be fair, it's possible that the loss of separation was entirely because of his gruesome injury.   That was not a simple fracture, so it's entirely possible while he was still good in his return, he wasn't the same post-injury as his pre-film tape suggested.   The whiff there has a lot of context IMO (I didn't have him as high as others, but then again, I thought Corey Coleman was the safest of that bunch, lol).

Edited by Broncofan

27 minutes ago, Counselor said:

So looking at history of Treadwell... Harmon reminds me of him. And people say Harry can’t separate... are these two doomed? I like Harry. 

Harmon doesn't rememble Treadwell at all, imo. Harry is doomed,  and every team should let him slide to the Eagles in round 2.

• Like 1

If Keelan Doss runs 4.45-4.49, what round will he go in? Late mid/3rd? Early/mid 4th?

Also, who are the potential 4.3 40 yard dash WR's?

Marquise Brown

Andy Isabella

Emannuel Hall

Mecole Hardman

Parris Campbell

DaMarkus Lodge?

Terry McLaurin?

Penny Hart?

Am I missing anyone?

Just now, Jeezla said:

If Keelan Doss runs 4.45-4.49, what round will he go in? Late mid/3rd? Early/mid 4th?

Also, who are the potential 4.3 40 yard dash WR's?

Marquise Brown

Andy Isabella

Emannuel Hall

Mecole Hardman

Parris Campbell

DaMarkus Lodge?

Terry McLaurin?

Penny Hart?

Am I missing anyone?

As a Buckeye fan, I'd personally be surprised if he ran that fast, but I could be wrong. He's an outstanding gunner on special teams, but I don't know that he's that type of burner to be honest.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

As a Buckeye fan, I'd personally be surprised if he ran that fast, but I could be wrong. He's an outstanding gunner on special teams, but I don't know that he's that type of burner to be honest.

Was clocked at like 22.3 mph at the senior bowl,  which is faster than Isabella or Hart, and about the same as DJ Chark iirc. If he can get a good start,  he should run pretty quick.