2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

On 2/7/2019 at 10:02 PM, Kiwibrown said:

DK Metcalf looks like he will go in the top 8-12

How many wrs have 1st round potential? 

Is Hollywood the 2nd best wr in the draft?

I don't think Hollywood lasts beyond the first, teams always covet speed at receiver even if it doesn't always pan out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

I’d like to hear some thoughts on Kelvin Harmon. 

Great size, excellent hands - but not much after the catch. Wins a lot of contested passes and does have plenty of long plays on film, but I wouldn't call him fast. It'll be interesting to see how he times at the combine because it's difficult to work out how quick or explosive he is. He is smart though and knows how to using his physical advantages. Combine is fairly big for determining where he lands. 

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Great size, excellent hands - but not much after the catch. Wins a lot of contested passes and does have plenty of long plays on film, but I wouldn't call him fast. It'll be interesting to see how he times at the combine because it's difficult to work out how quick or explosive he is. He is smart though and knows how to using his physical advantages. Combine is fairly big for determining where he lands. 

He body catches a lot and doesn’t extend his arms. That concerns me. He has good body control though.

On 2/8/2019 at 1:58 AM, VanS said:

Jalen Hurd = most slept on WR in this draft

The guy has freakish size and athletic ability.  I think he'll put on a show at the combine.  He should measure 6'5" 230lbs and is rumored to be running 4.4 in the 40 and jumping 40" on the vert.

That would make him one of the freakiest athletes in the draft.

Hurd fascinates me because I don't know where I'd play him, and I don't mean that as a dig. He's a very raw WR but a very gifted athlete. I could keep him at WR and develop him. I could ask him to bulk up and try him at TE (I think he has the competitiveness and physicality to block well enough there). I could even move him back to HB and use him as a weapon in the passing game (I think he could be an effective ZBS runner too). He's a really intriguing developmental guy. I'd draft him on Day 3.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Hurd fascinates me because I don't know where I'd play him, and I don't mean that as a dig. He's a very raw WR but a very gifted athlete. I could keep him at WR and develop him. I could ask him to bulk up and try him at TE (I think he has the competitiveness and physicality to block well enough there). I could even move him back to HB and use him as a weapon in the passing game (I think he could be an effective ZBS runner too). He's a really intriguing developmental guy. I'd draft him on Day 3.

I agree, that versatility makes him really interesting.  Heck he was totally fine with playing some RB at Baylor this past season and is not totally against doing that I bet in the NFL.  And is pretty legit as a RB prospect and what he showed this past season as a WR, I think 3rd round could happen for him and at worst 4th round.  He looked solid at WR this past year and his ability after the catch is obviously amazing being a RB for so long, very physical and can make things happen.  His catch radius is surprisingly large as well I feel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I would play him at outside WR to take advantage of his size and athleticism.  For some reason Baylor played him in the slot.  And while that is okay, I think he's best suited as an outside WR.  Even when he played RB at Tennessee, his hands were outstanding and he was as good in the pass game out of the backfield as Kamara.

He doesn't want to play RB anymore because of the abuse his body took.  He wants to have a long NFL career.  I would play him at RB in certain situations (i.e. goal line or short yardage) but not full-time.  

I don't think he makes it to Day 3.  I think he goes in the 3rd round with a good combine.  Someone will draft him there simply based on potential. 

1 hour ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Just uploaded this. What do you guys think of him?

I don't post in these here parts of the board but I wanted to say thanks for this video. I have been looking for some video of him for awhile. Also, thanks for the awesome job on the database. I have watched hours and hours of cutups thanks to you dropping the link in the Browns forum.

• Like 1