2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

JJ is playing WR in the league not TE. If Funchess can play outside JJ can easily as well as he is a better route runner than Funchess coming out and is likely faster than the 4.7 Funchess posted at the combine. I see him being a combo of Funchess and Alshon. He isn’t as smooth as Alshon but he is less clunky than Funchess. Like I guess in the middle of the two I would say. 

• Like 1

Genuinely believe USC's Michael Pittman Jr. is going to turn pro early (as could Tyler Vaughns but I think he has less upside as a pro). He's not ready but it's the better choice with the program in the state it is. H-W-S, great hands, quality blocker, tough dude. Feel like he could be a day 2 steal. 

On 10/18/2018 at 11:36 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

Fair points. For me, that's just the guy who has popped the most of the game tapes I've watched. It could be the competition, or the benefit of a solid NFL QB, but he can be a threat at all three levels. His intermediate game needs a little refining but he's as good as it gets. Arguably the best blocking receiver in this class, too.

Right now, I'll admit there is no clear cut favorite. Metcalf's injury complicated things. Ultimately, I think the combine will play a big factor. A lot of these guys haven't played tough defenses, and their athleticism at the next level is a legitimate question mark.

I wanna see some 40 times dammit

Micheal Thomas - 4.57

DeAndre Hopkins - 4.57

Antonio Brown - 4.57

40 times don't necessarily tell you **** though. On Harmon, as I said before, I see him as a middle of the group prospect. Aggressive hands for sure but I'm not sold on his quickness or explosion. And I think this group could have a lot of aggressive hands guys.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:47 AM, Ozzy said:

Best TE in the up coming draft arguably could be Jace Sternberger I feel.   He is potentially the most consistent route runner and best overall pass catching TE in the draft if he comes out early.  Kid is really playing well this year and it is very impressive I feel, has come out of nowhere as well from being at Kansas then going to a JUCO and now playing some big time football.  It is either him or Albert Okwuegbunam, he has Jace on the pure size and length, but as a pure route runner with speed Jace is arguably the best pass catching weapon at that position.

Sternberger and Fant look like the best pure pass catching weapons but I've been crushing recently on Jared Pickney. His short area quickness at his size is impressive and he's got a solid burst off the line. His blocking isn't a liability either. Josh Oliver is another guy that impressed me earlier in the season when I saw him... reminded me some of Winslow Jr.

On 10/30/2018 at 6:21 AM, CerealKiller said:

You lot know better than me, who has got the best hands of the bunch?

I'd go Arcega-Whiteside. Then DeMarcus Lodge, N'Keal Harry and L.J. Humphrey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

Jared Pickney. His short area quickness at his size is impressive and he's got a solid burst off the line. His blocking isn't a liability either.

He's a decent receiver but his blocking is 100% a liability. You can't use that guy inline and expect your runs to not get blown up.

• Like 1

It seems like this is the year of the giant WR's with adequate speed. I've scouted like 6-7 guys over 6'1-6'2 that aren't slow. But there are no ht/wt/spd freaks in this class. Just huge WR's that run faster than expected.

I'm having a hard time separating these prospects.

I'm taking N'Keal Harry over all of the other WR's, but my favorite WR prospect is Hollywood Brown from Oklahoma. That dude is electric and has been ever since stepping foot on Oklahoma's campus.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Sternberger and Fant look like the best pure pass catching weapons but I've been crushing recently on Jared Pickney. His short area quickness at his size is impressive and he's got a solid burst off the line. His blocking isn't a liability either. Josh Oliver is another guy that impressed me earlier in the season when I saw him... reminded me some of Winslow Jr.

I like Pickney as well but he is a JR and to me he is not ready to come into the NFL right now.  I think if he comes back for another year he could be a pretty decent player, right now his sample size of elite production is too small.  He needs to prove it again next year.  Sure has broken out this year and has a nice build to him I agree, he has impressed, thick kid and moves well in space.  

21 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

How about Nyqwan Murray? Early 3rd day seems right. Good WR prospect, esp. for the slot.

Tamorrion Terry in 2020: LOOK OUT

Yeah Murray is a talented player but to me he has never really taken that next step, never really has become that dominating force.  That catch he made against BC was probably the biggest moment in his career.  Super quick but needs to show more strength and ability after the catch I feel, making defenders miss.  If Travis Rudolph was not drafted out of Florida State, and to me he was a better player Murray will have a hard time, maybe he could be a late 7th round pick possibly.  

7 hours ago, Counselor said:

Isabella was already drafted by the Patriots... didn’t you know?

I really like Isabella, I liked him a lot last year and he has really impressed even more this season.  Great speed and is an aggressive route runner who is strong and tough despite his size.  Is a great WR prospect and to me a solid 3rd round pick and maybe higher if he runs well.  How he played against Georgia shows a lot and will help his stock a lot.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah Murray is a talented player but to me he has never really taken that next step, never really has become that dominating force.  That catch he made against BC was probably the biggest moment in his career.  Super quick but needs to show more strength and ability after the catch I feel, making defenders miss.  If Travis Rudolph was not drafted out of Florida State, and to me he was a better player Murray will have a hard time, maybe he could be a late 7th round pick possibly.  

I really like Isabella, I liked him a lot last year and he has really impressed even more this season.  Great speed and is an aggressive route runner who is strong and tough despite his size.  Is a great WR prospect and to me a solid 3rd round pick and maybe higher if he runs well.  How he played against Georgia shows a lot and will help his stock a lot.  

I’ve like him since his sophomore season and would take him in round 2

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’ve like him since his sophomore season and would take him in round 2

Really?  I am the first poster on this site to state his name and comment on him according to the search. I assume you were not in the posting mode his sophomore year?  ;o)   Nah anyway he is a fine player and is having a great year, I would take him 2nd round potentially as well.  Not sure he is better than Kelvin Harmon, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Parris Campbell, or Deebo Samuel but could be ahead of some of them if he works out well and times well, and is more resistant to injury than Deebo physically that is for sure.

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Really?  I am the first poster on this site to state his name and comment on him according to the search. I assume you were not in the posting mode his sophomore year?  ;o)   Nah anyway he is a fine player and is having a great year, I would take him 2nd round potentially as well.  Not sure he is better than Kelvin Harmon, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Parris Campbell, or Deebo Samuel but could be ahead of some of them if he works out well and times well, and is more resistant to injury than Deebo physically that is for sure.

I’m not really one to post anything about players who aren’t draft eligible unless they are UGA players. And yes I have a friend who is a UMASS alum and told me to check him out back then.