2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

7 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I really really liked Stanley Morgan and Greg Dortch as two polished route runners who can win from the slot. Morgan is much bigger and a really fluid mover with some inside/out ability. He's so smooth in and out of his breaks, constantly keeping defenders off balance. He might be the best route runner I've seen in this class. There's a lot of balls not heading his way that should be if his quarterback wasn't running for his life on 90% of their passing downs. Dortch is small and strictly an inside guy (plays like Jamison Crowder) who consistently wins early and has great hands. I want to see how he tests. 

I really have no room to like any more receivers though, this is getting ridiculous. 

Morgan is absolutely getting slept on.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I am in on Dortch, but I have yet to see anything on Morgan. I will take a look

Smooth route runner. He beat Josh Jackson a few times last year -- it was pretty sad how easily he set up his breaks and lost him on routes, actually. Morgan should outperform his draft slot handily. To me he's a high end #2 just due to his routes and feel for how to set up defenders. He's not as big or as fast as some of the traditional X receivers in the class, but he's a lot craftier and more refined. Reliable player who should find a lot of success at the next level, but for some reason hasn't generated much buzz.

• Like 2

This class will legit deepen the WR position in the NFL. Which is great, because it's been starting to thin out the past couple of years.

As for Harry, I originally had trouble with his separation issues due to the Treadwell effect, but do you know who he reminds me of? DeAndre Hopkins. Crazy circus catches with defenders draped all over him all the time. And his YAC ability, as previously stated at least a dozen times in this thread, is fantastic. Really liking him more the more I watch him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Yeah. I mean how many guys really get separation consistently anyway? The NFL is tight. Harry's got enough juice in other areas to make it work. He's also not a moron like Laquon Treadwell was/is. 

Super Cooper Kupp ;)

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 3

On 2/10/2019 at 5:38 PM, CalhounLambeau said:

Just uploaded this. What do you guys think of him?

Brother, you weren't kidding. Thank you for uploading that. That kid is a Day 2 pick after he blows up the Combine. Wow. If that kid was on a more passing-oriented offense with a QB who could throw with anticipation this year, he'd have had 800+ yards receiving.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, byrdbrane said:

What is the word on Mecole Hardman?

I think he will run the fastest 40 and to me he looks faster than Hollywood. Do you guy think he last to R3?

With what he can do (and his limitations) he is a second rounder for sure. Those guys just offers a skillset which cannot be taught, and if you want to give your QB options to work the middle with tight ends, slot receivers and crossers, you need that guy who can threaten deep and Hardman is that type of player.

9 hours ago, byrdbrane said:

What is the word on Mecole Hardman?

I think he will run the fastest 40 and to me he looks faster than Hollywood. Do you guy think he last to R3?

He's absolutely not faster than Hollywood on a track or on a football field.

I think Hardman will 100% be there in the 3rd. There are too many other good WR's for someone to take him that early.

Kavontae Turpin is the fastest player from this draft class, but he's the size of my left nut and was booted from TCU for being a POS woman beater.

Hollywood Brown brings incredible speed, quickness, RAC ability, and route running sharpness to the table. He's clearly the best "fast" WR in this draft and it's not close to me.