2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

DK Metcalf is not better than his teammate AJ Brown.  AJ is far more consistent and is a better route runner and more versatile, can play in the slot or out wide.  DK is just a physical freak show but has not been as consistent.  Sure would have helped if he did not get injured this past year, for sure 2nd round pick I think just on his physical tools which are very impressive.  

33 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

DK Metcalf is not better than his teammate AJ Brown.  AJ is far more consistent and is a better route runner and more versatile, can play in the slot or out wide.  DK is just a physical freak show but has not been as consistent.  Sure would have helped if he did not get injured this past year, for sure 2nd round pick I think just on his physical tools which are very impressive.  

That is one thing he has not shown.

Also, has RARELY & I mean RARELY seen press coverage. When he has, he has struggled.

Call it a hot take but I think the other NWO member Lodge will have a better career than AJ.

Edited by ClutchDJ
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

That is one thing he has not shown.

Also, has RARELY & I mean RARELY seen press coverage. When he has, he has struggled.

Call it a hot take but I think the other NWO member Lodge will have a better career than AJ.

Yeah Lodge has had his best season of his career, made some good plays especially with Metcalf out, but honestly he does not get the attention the others get and sure he makes some plays when defenses focus their efforts elsewhere.  Good player sure but better than AJ Brown would be a surprise to me.  Lodge can go up and get the ball in the air which is impressive but again Brown is a better route runner and can potentially play more WR positions than Lodge who is some what limited in his route runner.  

In general though recently Ole Miss WRs have not been all that successful.  Moncrief has been the best and even he is just kind of only ok as a WR.  Laquon Treadwell has been a big bust so far in the NFL, Cody Core never amounted to much and Quincy Adeboyejo barely has a roster spot     And Evan Engram is a TE but even he has had a down year and I was never a huge fan of his in college anyway.  So that offense sure puts up numbers regardless of the coach, similar systems after the coaching change but does not always prepare them well for the NFL.  Will see how Brown and Metcalf do.  Metcalf is easily the most athletic of them all arguably, and Brown could be the most well rounded being a big strong kid with good hands and speed, will see how they do.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:50 PM, Ozzy said:

AJ Brown plays 100% in the slot. How can you feel confident about him being able to play on the outside? What makes him different than, say, Jordan Matthews in that regard?

Metcalf is will probably test as the best athlete at WR since Julio. The only concern with him is the neck. Everything else is great.

30 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Who has better pro potential between the Iowa TEs?  Hockensen or Fant?

Hockenson is a superior blocker. Fant has been more productive. We'll see how they test, I doubt there will be much separation there. They're pretty close, both good looking prospects.

59 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

AJ Brown plays 100% in the slot. How can you feel confident about him being able to play on the outside? What makes him different than, say, Jordan Matthews in that regard?

Metcalf is will probably test as the best athlete at WR since Julio. The only concern with him is the neck. Everything else is great.

If one can play in the slot to me it is a lot easier to be able to play multiple positions, compared to Metcalf who I think could never really be in the slot.  If you can run routes you can play out wide as a WR if they want you to and you are not only limited to slot action I feel.  AJ Brown has the size to play more than one position as a WR I feel.

Metcalf the best athlete since Juilo?  Not so sure about that, Courtland Sutton is arguably just as good of an athlete coming out, Michael Thomas coming out was another and Mike Evans and sadly Dorial Green-Beckham all were pretty solid athletes and some might be more in line to what Metcalf will be.  Doubt Metcalf is the athlete Julio is, does not look like it on the field to me, Julio was a rare talent.

There are a few other big strong WRs along with Metcalf potentially in the up coming draft, and some are not far off compared to Metcalf athletically and more than a few have been more productive as well.  N'Keal Harry Arizona State, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Hakeem Butler, Lil'Jordan Humphrey then more mid to late round guys in Jalen Hurd, Jazz Ferguson and Jamal Custis