2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

1 hour ago, byrdbrane said:

Interesting Eagles Tight End coach Justin Peele has attended the WVU and SDSU pro days and interviewed Trevin Wesco and Kahale Warring. Partial to Tresco because he is good on ST, really good run blocker, can even play FB if need be and has soft hands...Doug Pederson can really use more 3 TE sets

The exact two players I want the Patriots to draft. You guys just took Goedart, so hands off. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reamer said:

The exact two players I want the Patriots to draft. You guys just took Goedart, so hands off. ;)

Obviously we're going to trade you zach ertz for a 4th. 2020. Conditional. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, reamer said:

I was big on Goedert coming into the NFL but I never considered Philly was going to draft him...I think Pederson criminally underused Dallas and I hope that changes for next season....btw- since yall have 6 titles....cry me a river 9_9

5 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Julius Thomas. Like Thomas, Oliver is a liability as a blocker.

I've seen this stated before, but I don't agree with it. He's not asked to block in-line hardly ever and while it's not a strength of his clearly, he's not bad. He's about as good at it as Njoku was coming out of Miami. Oliver gives effort when blocking, his technique is just poor likely due to a lack of reps. He's got a rocked up physique and has the mass to block in-line. He just needs refinement on his technique and he'll be at the very least, serviceable in the blocking department.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I've seen this stated before, but I don't agree with it. He's not asked to block in-line hardly ever and while it's not a strength of his clearly, he's not bad. He's about as good at it as Njoku was coming out of Miami. Oliver gives effort when blocking, his technique is just poor likely due to a lack of reps. He's got a rocked up physique and has the mass to block in-line. He just needs refinement on his technique and he'll be at the very least, serviceable in the blocking department.

I haven't made any clips yet but I remember seeing some of the worst blocking attempts you'll ever see watching Oliver. Completely overpowered or beaten out of position by college jags. It was pretty embarrassing. And I was really high on Oliver in October considering him potentially TE #1.

12 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Penny Hart was unbelievable at the Senior Bowl, virtually unplayable in practices. It's weird how quiet it's been on the guy since then, but whoever lands him is getting a good player. 

I was legit just looking for info on him... Did he have a pro day? Do we have any numbers on him?

On 3/24/2019 at 6:36 PM, ClutchDJ said:

I see love for Toledo mates Dionate Johnson & Cody Thompson, but not as much as Jon’vea Johnson. What’s the reasons?

I think all 3 of these guys end up being high end #2 WR's for their teams. Cody Thompson can work from the slot very well, so he might technically end up a #3 on the depth chart despite putting up #2-like numbers.

Jon'Vea has a little more deep speed than Diontae and is actually a little better at high pointing and "Mossing" people, but Diontae is more electric in the open field and has sharper routes.

They have far and away the most talented trio of WR's in the country outside of Alabama.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think all 3 of these guys end up being high end #2 WR's for their teams. Cody Thompson can work from the slot very well, so he might technically end up a #3 on the depth chart despite putting up #2-like numbers.

Jon'Vea has a little more deep speed than Diontae and is actually a little better at high pointing and "Mossing" people, but Diontae is more electric in the open field and has sharper routes.

They have far and away the most talented trio of WR's in the country outside of Alabama.

Ehhh, I would add Clemson to that list as well, but I get what you’re saying.