2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Who's better AJ Brown or Hollywood Brown? 

Totally different players. 

Hollywood is fun to watch but because of size is a third rounder to me. Someone will take him in one or two.

AJ is round two for me but maybe he is worth more. I haven't looked that much at him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JaireAlex said:

AJ is round two for me but maybe he is worth more. I haven't looked that much at him.

Honestly, people say DK opened that offense, but he was gone for a lot of his college career and the offense kept chugging. AJ Brown opened things up for everybody else letting DK and then DeMarkus Lodge get freed up to make deep plays. Brown legitimately WAS facing a ton of double teams and took so much pressure from opposing defenses but still played clutch and had good production.

• Like 2

Just now, HoboRocket said:

Honestly, people say DK opened that offense, but he was gone for a lot of his college career and the offense kept chugging. AJ Brown opened things up for everybody else letting DK and then DeMarkus Lodge get freed up to make deep plays. Brown legitimately WAS facing a ton of double teams and took so much pressure from opposing defenses but still played clutch and had good production.

His Auburn tape is a good example.

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

He's my number 2 WR. Number 1 is Harry. Number 2 AJ. The rest: overdrafted and busts til we get the super depth in round 3-7.

. (But I haven't much looked at this class, just combing for likely GB picks.)

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Great question. I have both tied in my grades. Probably AJ Brown, but only by a tick. I'd probably take Hollywood over AJ because of the big play potential and upside, but AJ Brown is more refined, has more consistent hands, and is a beast in his own right.

AJ Brown doesn't get the pub he should around here. He could be the 1st WR taken and I wouldn't bat an eye.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Great question. I have both tied in my grades. Probably AJ Brown, but only by a tick. I'd probably take Hollywood over AJ because of the big play potential and upside, but AJ Brown is more refined, has more consistent hands, and is a beast in his own right.

AJ Brown doesn't get the pub he should around here. He could be the 1st WR taken and I wouldn't bat an eye.

Really reminds me of a better version of DJ Moore. And his 40 was good for his size.

Posted 3 hours ago:

3 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Posted 1 hour ago

1 hour ago, JaireAlex said:

He's my number 2 WR. Number 1 is Harry. Number 2 AJ. The rest: overdrafted and busts til we get the super depth in round 3-7.

hmmmmm

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Really reminds me of a better version of DJ Moore. And his 40 was good for his size.

DJ Moore is more of a burner. AJ Brown is a man child at WR that runs good routes, is a nightmare after the catch, and works all levels of the field. I really don't mind the DJ Moore comparison from a play comparison actually. I just think Moore had more juice and wasn't able to RAC truck people nearly as effectively because of his size. Moore is still a biznitch after the catch, but it's not on Brown's level.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Probably depends a lot on what you're looking for and what you really value in a WR.  For me, i take AJ Brown pretty comfortably.  You're getting much more of a reliable volume target, chain-mover there, who is going to take a ton of short tosses for some little chunks of YAC.  I value that pretty highly.  But have to acknowledge you're probably giving up some dynamic "big play" potential with Hollywood.  If you want a "lid lifter" to threaten deep and open up some different things underneath with raw quickness...i can certainly see why someone would take Hollywood instead, even with his kinda concerningly small/slight build.

Just very different flavors of receiver.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

DJ Moore is more of a burner. AJ Brown is a man child at WR that runs good routes, is a nightmare after the catch, and works all levels of the field. I really don't mind the DJ Moore comparison from a play comparison actually. I just think Moore had more juice and wasn't able to RAC truck people nearly as effectively because of his size. Moore is still a biznitch after the catch, but it's not on Brown's level.

I'll give you that. Moore is definitely more of that deep threat. Brown may be able to run a go route, too, but Moore does run a better forty.

• 2 weeks later...

Where does Keelan Doss fit in this incredibly deep class?

From the limited action I've seen, I like him a lot. He had a really good week in Mobile, but injured himself benching at the combine and didn't perform any drills. He allegedly ran in the mid 4.4s at his Pro day which is a great time for him (can't find any other numbers) - though I didn't think he played that fast. He's most commonly comp'd to Keenan Allen, and I can see the comparison. He was also extremely productive in the Big Sky conference.

What do you guys think?

Edited by SmittyBacall