2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Hakeem Butler

Love him. He's a very good WR and more athletic than people realize. He's got some lateral quickness to go along with that big frame. He looks a legit 6'6 out there. He reminds me of a taller Hakeem Nicks actually. Hate the dual-name comparison, but that is exactly who he reminds me of. A big WR with quicks and route running.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Love him. He's a very good WR and more athletic than people realize. He's got some lateral quickness to go along with that big frame. He looks a legit 6'6 out there. He reminds me of a taller Hakeem Nicks actually. Hate the dual-name comparison, but that is exactly who he reminds me of. A big WR with quicks and route running.

People are going to be surprised at how well he tests. Some of his testing numbers are out there.

On 12/2/2018 at 10:24 AM, IDOG_det said:

He'll be fine. He didn't "break his neck" as in he's paralyzed or anything. It required surgery and long-term he'll be fine. 

Still a scary injury. Didn’t David Wilson have similar neck injuries that help hasten the end to his career?

Toledo has a 3-headed MONSTER at WR. I think every one of those guys ends up being at worst, the #3 WR for their teams.

Diontae Johnson--Burner. Wheels to rip the top off of your defense and despite not being very big, he makes contested catches and wins jump balls constantly. Not very big. Not a natural hands catcher, although he doesn't drop very many. Routes are pretty basic.

Jon'Vea Johnson--Similar to Diontae. Might not be AS fast, but is still a low 4.4 guy. Again, not a big WR, but outmuscles guys for the ball and is a jump ball threat. He has a lot of the same weaknesses as Diontae, although he is more versed in running routes underneath.

Cody Thompson--Excellent quickness and route running savvy. Has good size for the position. Quicker than fast, but he's certainly not straight line slow. Excellent open-field instincts. Weaknesses are that he seems lazy a little bit on tape. He doesn't always show interest in blocking and he doesn't run his routes very hard when he's not the primary read.

These three guys are all ridiculously productive and all have NFL futures. I'd take all three in the 3rd round range, but they're likely going to be had in the 5th-7th round range. Go watch the tape. You guys will be hella impressed methinks.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 12:18 AM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Who is the number one receiver coming out this year?

Read this as, who are the number one type receivers coming out this year? So...

D.K. Metcalf

Hakeem Butler

N'Keal Harry

Deebo Samuel (darkhorse)

On 12/2/2018 at 12:30 AM, -Hope- said:

who are the burners/deep threats in this class? hollywood brown is the obvious one but otherwise i haven’t really been keeping up.

Emmanuel Hall, Paris Campbell, D.K. Metcalf, Hakeem Butler, L.J. Humphrey....I'd go..in that order.