2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Thoughts on Kelvin Harmon? He has #1 WR traits as well.

I’d include him there too.  Incredible body control and catch radius, high points the ball well, and he also is a very good hand fighter.  That last trait allows him to deal with press coverage.  Unless he shows incredibly iffy short area quicks I think he will be seen as a true WR1.   Honestly Samuel is the only 1 out of those 5 listed who will get a split opinion on.  Such a loaded WR class. 

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I’d include him there too.  Incredible body control and catch radius, high points the ball well, and he also is a very good hand fighter.  That last trait allows him to deal with press coverage.  Unless he shows incredibly iffy short area quicks I think he will be seen as a true WR1.   Honestly Samuel is the only 1 out of those 5 listed who will get a split opinion on.  Such a loaded WR class. 

Yeah this class is crazy. I was initially very down on it, but upon doing more research, I'm finding that this class is one of the deepest I've ever seen. There are going to be studs available in round 7.

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

I'm not a big fan. I think he's a slower Quincy Enunwa.

What?  Slow?  Note Quincy Enunwa is basically a HB or TE type in the NFL, saying Harmon is slower than him is a pretty big insult I would say.  See him against Syracuse this year, he is not slow and is a special receiver, lock 2nd round pick in the draft I feel, sure might not be a #1 WR in the NFL right off the bat but few will be, kid is a very talented WR and has a ton of ability.  He is one of the top 5 or 6 WRs in the draft I feel.    

Nebraska Enunwa had good athleticism at that size though, then he ran a 4.4 which somewhat verified it.

Basically I'm not convinced of Harmon's athleticism from what I've seen. I think he added some strength this season but his quickness/speed seems just adequate to me. I actually get a Shaq Evans vibe but I thought a slower Enunwa was more charitable.  

On Harmon, I know it's just one play but this is downright awful. Go to 4:41. That is not what I want out of a WR. He tried to cradle an uncontested pass with his body. That should have been an easy hands catch. You can't let a pass like that get into your body.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:30 PM, -Hope- said:

who are the burners/deep threats in this class? hollywood brown is the obvious one but otherwise i haven’t really been keeping up.

Another receiver further down south people have been sleeping but has some serious deep speed. And he comes with what looks to be a 6-3 210 physical package.

11 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Another receiver further down south people have been sleeping but has some serious deep speed. And he comes with what looks to be a 6-3 210 physical package.

Has Mims even declared early for the draft?  I thought he was a JR, is a more interesting prospect for 2020, not sure I would be really impressed with him in this current group.  In terms of serious deep speed, these are the guys with legit speed.  Not sure Mims is at their level of overall raw speed I feel.

Marquise Brown Oklahoma JR
Parris Campbell Ohio State RS
Andy Isabella UMASS
Deebo Samuel South Carolina
Greg Dortch Wake Forest RS SOPH
KaVontae Turpin TCU
Diontae Johnson Toledo JR
Johnnie Dixon Ohio State
Ryan Davis Auburn

Sure not all of these guys have declared but Dortch has big time speed and might come out I feel and Johnson is more of a burner than Mims.  Thing that might make Mims interested is his height but one could argue JJ Arcega-Whiteside might be faster, certainly has been way more productive against better competition.  In this current draft Felton Davis III is another with big time height and ability to get deep, he would of had a great season if he did not get injured and miss almost half the year.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Has Mims even declared early for the draft?  I thought he was a JR, is a more interesting prospect for 2020, not sure I would be really impressed with him in this current group.  In terms of serious deep speed, these are the guys with legit speed.  Not sure Mims is at their level of overall raw speed I feel.

Andy Isabella UMASS
KaVontae Turpin TCU
Johnnie Dixon Ohio State
Ryan Davis Auburn

Sure not all of these guys have declared but Dortch has big time speed and might come out I feel and Johnson is more of a burner than Mims.  Thing that might make Mims interested is his height but one could argue JJ Arcega-Whiteside might be faster, certainly has been way more productive against better competition.  In this current draft Felton Davis III is another with big time height and ability to get deep, he would of had a great season if he did not get injured and miss almost half the year.

Mims may not have the low 4.3 speed that Brown or Campbell does but he has serious game speed and he reaches it fairly quickly, takes sharp routes and has a pretty good wingspan for contested balls. You combine all of that and you have a serious deep threat and I do contend he might be the best in this draft class if he declares. But you're right I don't think he has. /sadface

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Andy Isabella UMASS
KaVontae Turpin TCU
Johnnie Dixon Ohio State
Ryan Davis Auburn

Don't forget Emmanuel Hall. Was a 2nd rounder on a few sites before he injured his groin vs UGA, and he has 4.3 speed and he's like 6 inches taller than isabella/brown

• Like 1