2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

On 11/25/2018 at 10:51 AM, NoDakViking said:

Who has better pro potential between the Iowa TEs?  Hockensen or Fant?

Really depends on the offense you run.

Hockenson is the more complete TE imo. Both will put good numbers up at combine. Fant will dazzle.

Fant sky is the limit with him. Has to go to right offense. His plays were limited with controversy because his skillset didn't fit in some of the play calls at Iowa. Iowa laid in egg on not going down field more with him though. You get him in a pass happy offense where you run him downfield, he'll put up gaudy numbers.

Both guys will be good in the NFL. Iowa regularly puts their starting TE in the league. Their success rate when not injury prone is absurd.

Edited by Hawkeyejam

5 hours ago, Hawkeyejam said:

Really depends on the offense you run.

Hockenson is the more complete TE imo. Both will put good numbers up at combine. Fant will dazzle.

Fant sky is the limit with him. Has to go to right offense. His plays were limited with controversy because his skillset didn't fit in some of the play calls at Iowa. Iowa laid in egg on not going down field more with him though. You get him in a pass happy offense where you run him downfield, he'll put up gaudy numbers.

Both guys will be good in the NFL. Iowa regularly puts their starting TE in the league. Their success rate when not injury prone is absurd.

I'm thinking Hockensen might be a good fit to replace Rudolph if the Vikings don't want to keep him at his current salary 

On 11/26/2018 at 9:18 PM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Who is the number one receiver coming out this year?

I think it's more of a 1A/1B type of year. Nobody standing out from the pack. My top 5:

• 1A N'Keal Harry
  • 1B Kelvin Harmon
  • 3 Hakeem Butler
  • 4 DK Metcalf
  • 5A Anthony Johnson
  • 5B Deebo Samuel
  • 5C Marquise Brown
  • 5D AJ Brown

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

who are the burners/deep threats in this class? hollywood brown is the obvious one but otherwise i haven’t really been keeping up.

Uhhh Metcalf pre-broken neck, Kelvin Harmon.. Hakeem Butler and Collin Johnson but they’re definitely not burners. LilJordan and Campbell are pretty fast. 

3 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

It’s sad that Metcalf broke his neck, but he would’ve been the top receiver in this class by a slight margin if he were still healthy. 

He'll be fine. He didn't "break his neck" as in he's paralyzed or anything. It required surgery and long-term he'll be fine. 

7 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

It’s sad that Metcalf broke his neck, but he would’ve been the top receiver in this class by a slight margin if he were still healthy. 

Metcalf is probably still going to be the first WR taken. His broken neck isn't going to make him slower...I fully expect him to run close to a 4.40, maybe even better.

I still like N'Keal Harry more, but it's very close. And Metcalf is clearly the best ht/wt/spd freak in this draft class IMO.