2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

35 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

That Jazz Ferguson kid is intriguing. AJ Green like 

AJ Green was one of the most refined WR prospects to come out in a very very very long time. Jazz Ferguson is a fun prospect, but he's closer to Kyle Prater than AJ Green.

10 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

AJ Green was one of the most refined WR prospects to come out in a very very very long time. Jazz Ferguson is a fun prospect, but he's closer to Kyle Prater than AJ Green.

I’m not saying he’s AJ Green. Just has some of those attributes that are similar. 

7 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bu7VCs3ld5efCR3fDjj_vM09KjYbY_SBDkdJHRJPOew/edit?usp=sharing

I keep this updated daily, guys in green have declared. 

Mims is a 3JR, hasn't declared yet, likely will. 

Nice. This is far more convienent then any draft site i've been too. No long loading waits, no ads, just player names and metrics.

Don't you dare ever go dying on us CL. We need these docs for our scouting! Keep up the good work.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Nice. This is far more convienent then any draft site i've been too. No long loading waits, no ads, just player names and metrics.

Don't you dare ever go dying on us CL. We need these docs for our scouting! Keep up the good work.

I'll keep at it, thanks dude.

Draft websites suck. All opinion, click-bait. Hard to just find a large base of basic material to work with to form your own opinions. 

• Like 10

On 07/12/2018 at 4:34 PM, BrownLeader said:

Nebraska Enunwa had good athleticism at that size though, then he ran a 4.4 which somewhat verified it.

Basically I'm not convinced of Harmon's athleticism from what I've seen. I think he added some strength this season but his quickness/speed seems just adequate to me. I actually get a Shaq Evans vibe but I thought a slower Enunwa was more charitable.  

I could see Harmon testing out better in some aspects than i think he looks on the field, athletically.  In play, he just looks a bit tentative and stiff to me.  But just lining up and running in a straight line, i could see his 40 being faster than i think he plays.

9 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

I don't think he's quite as quick as Adams. Maybe closer to an Alshon Jeffrey type.

I think Jeffery "type" is probably fair.  They're both "less than quick" big body guys who will be used in the same sort of role.  Don't like him nearly as much as Jeffery on quality though.  To my eye, Jeffery as a prospect was noticeably more purposeful and smooth.  And like @lod01 kind of alluded to...i've seen a lot more unnecessary body/basket catching than i'd like with Harmon, whereas Jeffery had some incredible hands.  Pretty important facets to me, especially when it comes to that particular "type" of receiver.

On 12/9/2018 at 6:01 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

Someone else compared N'Keal Harry to Jeffery. How would you compare Harry and Harmon?

I can see Jeffrey. He's also something like a late career Anquan Boldin. He's bigger, more sudden laterally and a better open field runner than Harmon. But KH might have a better burst off the line. Both are good blockers and can make the clutch catch. I feel like I've seen Harmon show more concentration lapses though with some bad drops.

On 12/9/2018 at 6:01 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

Someone else compared N'Keal Harry to Jeffery. How would you compare Harry and Harmon?

I compared Harry to Jeffery in the player comp thread. I think it's an okay comp but Harry has the potential to be much better than Jeffery.

To me, Harmon's upside is a low-end #2 receiver. I don't really have a comp for him.

I'm starting to come way around on Paris Campbell. Before this year I saw him as an all athlete guy that couldn't catch to save his life. But he's really turned into a solid threat as a WR this year. Blazing speed but it's not just linear..he's got elite quickness and open field ability. If a pro coach can help him become a skilled route runner he could be a Kenny Stills/Randall Cobb/Percy Harvin type guy.

8 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

I'm starting to come way around on Paris Campbell. Before this year I saw him as an all athlete guy that couldn't catch to save his life. But he's really turned into a solid threat as a WR this year. Blazing speed but it's not just linear..he's got elite quickness and open field ability. If a pro coach can help him become a skilled route runner he could be a Kenny Stills/Randall Cobb/Percy Harvin type guy.

He's a guy I'd really like for the Lions. Basically put him in Golden Tate's role (although, it would be a reduced version of it).