2019 NFL Draft - Offensive Line

Forge

8 hours ago, goldfishwars said:
8 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Any chance Garret Bradbury goes in the 1st?

I wouldn't bet against it

Lasty year, I thought Hernandez would go in the 1st for sure, but other IOL guys ended up going instead of him (Ragnow and Price). This year I don't see anyone in Bradbury's tier, I can't see him slipping out of the 1st 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 2:42 PM, Jeezla said:

He hasn't done anything besides bench press since the season ended. 

Injury related, or what? I wonder if he'd be an option at 54/55. Going back to back on Cajuste and Kaleb McGary would send me into a dream-like state...

4 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Lasty year, I thought Hernandez would go in the 1st for sure, but other IOL guys ended up going instead of him (Ragnow and Price). This year I don't see anyone in Bradbury's tier, I can't see him slipping out of the 1st 

I think a lot of that has to do with versatility.  Both positional, and scheme diversity.  Both Ragnow and Price had film and projectability as both OC and OG, and pretty easy fits in a decent variety of schemes or "style" fits.  Whereas Hernandez was pretty much a strictly power OG-only prospect.  Versatility is value.

I don't think Bradbury will make it out of the 1st round, but if he does...that'll probably be why.  Lack of versatility.  I think he's pretty much strictly an OC prospect, and he's not quite as big as some teams ideally like, even for their Center.  Still think there'll be a team that doesn't care and just really wants to solidify the middle of their OLine and see him as a plug 'n play fit, to take him in the 1st.  But it's a consideration.

22 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I had Ragnow 12th overall, but I sure didn't think Billy Price or Rashad Penny would go ahead of Hernandez. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

@IDOG_det, I think Risner has the potential to play LT in the NFL if he cleans up his pass sets (namely, his false step off the ball). What say you?

It would be a risk because I've never seen him play from the left side. The value between LT and RT is pretty equal right now, so I would just keep him on the right side. If a team has brought him in for a workout and ran him through everything from a left tackle stance and liked what they saw, then I could see it happening. My guess is he stays on the right side though. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

It would be a risk because I've never seen him play from the left side. The value between LT and RT is pretty equal right now, so I would just keep him on the right side. If a team has brought him in for a workout and ran him through everything from a left tackle stance and liked what they saw, then I could see it happening. My guess is he stays on the right side though. 

My sim team needs a LT of the future (signed Ty Nsekhe as a bridge). He's a guy I'm considering with my late-first round pick. I have Orlando Brown Jr. at RT.