2019 NFL Draft - Offensive Line

Forge

Andre Dillard looks like he could be a real standout OT prospect, I need to watch him more but first time I was super impressed with his play.  Could be a potential late 1st if everything works out or 2nd round prospect best case.  Good solid hands and good balance for a tackle, good in his pass pro set as well.

4 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

How does the starting Wisconsin OL project to the NFL? Studs vs Busts

If one considers them all 1st rounders, yeah there is big time bust potential there.  I do not feel any of them have been all that dominating this year, especially considering they were pretty much far and away the best OL in college football.  Against Michigan they were nothing amazing and Edwards has not taken that next step in pass protection and Dieter has not looked great moving back to OG.  Beau Benzschawel has looked good at times athletically but not sure how elite he is, great size for the position though.  Jon Dietzen I like but is having to play OT which is out of position for him big time, he should come back to school arguably, as should Edwards really.   Tyler Biadasz I like but has not been amazing like anyone else on that OL.  Maybe that run game is missing Zander Neuville more than they realize, as being another OT basically in the run game providing a lot of power on the edge.  The team is different without a dominating pass rush for sure, that defense cannot get off the field as much so allows less of a chance for that offense to succeed given constant opportunities without being down on the scoreboard.  Outside of Van Ginkel that pass rush is nothing compared to years past.  Sure the passing game is pretty poor on Wisconsin, but it is not like that QB is given all kinds of time back there either, not like many guys are getting open but still one would think the OL like that could provide more time to make plays down field.

As a group in general the Oklahoma offensive line overall has played better and more solid football I feel.  Yet it is a better system with way more playmakers at QB and WR.  I like the guards on Oklahoma for sure and Evans is arguably playing better than any tackle on Wisconsin, same could be said for Ford as well.  At least the Wisconsin OL has not played as bad as Stanford, wow that is shocking how unproductive they are running the football, especially in Bryce Love's senior season.  

On 10/25/2018 at 2:29 PM, freak_of_nature said:

Cody Ford: RT or RG in the NFL? My Fins could use both, esp. if Ja'wuan James isn't resigned. 

I think either OG spot.  Dude is built thick and a good athlete, but I'm not quite sure he has the quick feet to be OT.