2019 NFL Draft - Offensive Line

Forge

11 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

@BleedTheClock Why are you so low on Dalton Risner? Everything I’ve seen from the tape to the Senior Bowl impresses me. What gives?

I wouldn't say I'm low on Risner. I really like him and think he profiles as a starting RT/OG. I'd take him in the late 2nd/early 3rd and be happy with it. He just lacks any standout physical traits, but that's much less important for OT's so long as their technique is sound.

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I wouldn't say I'm low on Risner. I really like him and think he profiles as a starting RT/OG. I'd take him in the late 2nd/early 3rd and be happy with it. He just lacks any standout physical traits, but that's much less important for OT's so long as their technique is sound.

Right. From what I’ve seen he’s not overpowering or overly gifted athletically, he’s just so technically sound and consistent with a good anchor. I feel like he’s a plug and play RT from Day 1 and will man that spot for 10+ years. @TheVillain112 likes to compare him to Andrew Whitworth (albeit a shorter version), who was also projected at guard/tackle. I can see it. Though I think he’s better suited at RT.

Also, I watched a bit of David Edwards from this season and came away confused as to why you’re higher on him than Risner. I wasn’t as impressed (though admittedly I haven’t seen much). 

If Devin White is off the board, and no premier talent falls outside the top 10 (like Ed Oliver), I wouldn’t be opposed to taking Risner at 11 if a trade back isn’t possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Also, I watched a bit of David Edwards from this season and came away confused as to why you’re higher on him than Risner. I wasn’t as impressed (though admittedly I haven’t seen much).

I honestly just adjusted his grade after watching more tape. He's got a lot of tools, but he got abused at times this year. Particularly by speed rushers. He was much better last season than he was this past one.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:13 AM, offbyone said:

No real stand out centers in this draft.  You seem to agree. Am I missing someone?

For me the guy who is a real stand out C/G prospect is Garrett Bradbury from NC State...6-3" 304lbs...excellent feet, bend and overall mobility with outstanding technique...like a lot of this years centers a little underpowered to deal with bigger NTs but still I see him easily going in the 2nd.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

For me the guy who is a real stand out C/G prospect is Garrett Bradbury from NC State...6-3" 304lbs...excellent feet, bend and overall mobility with outstanding technique...like a lot of this years centers a little underpowered to deal with bigger NTs but still I see him easily going in the 2nd.

For sure, he's great. 

• Like 1

OT

1. Jonah Williams Alabama

2. Jawaan Taylor Florida

3. Yodny Cajuste West Virginia

4. Kaleb McGary Washington

5. Andre Dillard Washington State

6. Dalton Risner Kansas State

7. Greg Little Ole Miss

8. Chuma Edoga USC

9. Max Scharping Northern Illinois

10. Bobby Evans Oklahoma

11. Tytus Howard Alabama State

12. Martez Ivey Florida

13. David Edwards Stanford

14. Mitch Hyatt Clemson

15. Andre James UCLA

16. Dennis Daley South Carolina

17. Tariq Cole Rutgers

18. Isaiah Prince Ohio State

19. Michael Deiter Wisconsin

20. William Sweet North Carolina

OG

1. Cody Ford Oklahoma

2. Connor McGovern Penn State

3. Chris Lindstrom Boston College

4. Nate Herbig Stanford

5. Bunchy Stallings Kentucky

6. Beau Benzschawel Alabama

7. Hjalte Froholdt Arkansas

8. Nate Davis Charlotte

9. Alex Bars Notre Dame

10. Dru Samia Oklahoma

11. Tyler Jones NC State

12. Ryan Bates Penn State

13. Terronne Prescod NC State

14. Ben Powers Oklahoma

15. B.J. Autry Jacksonville State

C

1. Erik McCoy Texas A&M

2. Michael Jordan Ohio State

3. Garrett Bradbury NC State

4. Ross Pierscbacher Alabama

5. Elgton Jenkins Mississippi State

6. Lamont Gaillard Georgia

7. Will Noble Houston

8. Jesse Burkett Stanford

9. Toa Lobendahn USC

10. Nick Linder Indiana

59 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I saw the hype on Jawaan Taylor and now that I’ve seen some of him I’m not that impressed. Reminds me of Cedric Ogbuehi a little which is not a good sign 

Much larger player from what I've seen every bit the movement skills of Ogbuehi, plus he looks to have far more functional strength. 

On 1/28/2019 at 1:13 PM, Rutgers#1 said:

OT

1. Jonah Williams Alabama

2. Jawaan Taylor Florida

3. Yodny Cajuste West Virginia

4. Kaleb McGary Washington

5. Andre Dillard Washington State

6. Dalton Risner Kansas State

7. Greg Little Ole Miss

8. Chuma Edoga USC

9. Max Scharping Northern Illinois

10. Bobby Evans Oklahoma

11. Tytus Howard Alabama State

12. Martez Ivey Florida

13. David Edwards Stanford

14. Mitch Hyatt Clemson

15. Andre James UCLA

16. Dennis Daley South Carolina

17. Tariq Cole Rutgers

18. Isaiah Prince Ohio State

19. Michael Deiter Wisconsin

20. William Sweet North Carolina

Andre Dillard has been my #1 ot the last 2 years 

edoga is my mid round sleeper

On 1/28/2019 at 5:58 PM, johndeere1707 said:

I saw the hype on Jawaan Taylor and now that I’ve seen some of him I’m not that impressed. Reminds me of Cedric Ogbuehi a little which is not a good sign 

Yeah he's not overly impressive. He's got a ton of good physical traits, but he's not a finisher or nasty like a dude his size should be. He actually reminds me of Ereck Flowers a little. He's a better run blocker than Flowers ever was, but they have the same lumbering feet. Both were successful pass blockers in college because they were massive and it took time to get around their fat arses, but I don't see that translating in the NFL. Taylor is someone I'd take in the early 4th round, not in the 1st. I actually do like a lot of his tape, but there are significant worries with me regarding him right now.

After going back and watching more OL film, I've come to the conclusion that Andre Dillard is the best OT in this draft. He's incredibly smooth in pass protection and mirrors speed with ease. And he doesn't really give up any bull rushes either. He's both strong and technical dealing with edge guys and has a very high upside given his athleticism. If you're looking for a blind side protector, Dillard is as good as you'll find in most draft classes.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah he's not overly impressive. He's got a ton of good physical traits, but he's not a finisher or nasty like a dude his size should be. He actually reminds me of Ereck Flowers a little. He's a better run blocker than Flowers ever was, but they have the same lumbering feet. Both were successful pass blockers in college because they were massive and it took time to get around their fat arses, but I don't see that translating in the NFL. Taylor is someone I'd take in the early 4th round, not in the 1st. I actually do like a lot of his tape, but there are significant worries with me regarding him right now.

After going back and watching more OL film, I've come to the conclusion that Andre Dillard is the best OT in this draft. He's incredibly smooth in pass protection and mirrors speed with ease. And he doesn't really give up any bull rushes either. He's both strong and technical dealing with edge guys and has a very high upside given his athleticism. If you're looking for a blind side protector, Dillard is as good as you'll find in most draft classes.

HAHA YESSSSSSSS!!!! 

Thank you.