2019 NFL Draft - Offensive Line

Forge

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah he's not overly impressive. He's got a ton of good physical traits, but he's not a finisher or nasty like a dude his size should be. He actually reminds me of Ereck Flowers a little. He's a better run blocker than Flowers ever was, but they have the same lumbering feet. Both were successful pass blockers in college because they were massive and it took time to get around their fat arses, but I don't see that translating in the NFL. Taylor is someone I'd take in the early 4th round, not in the 1st. I actually do like a lot of his tape, but there are significant worries with me regarding him right now.

I dont think you cold be more off on Taylor to be honest. One of his best attributes is his feet... he has extremely good quickness and lateral mobility for his size. I think he takes awful angles  In his "kick step" but he shows the ability to make up for that with his foot speed. I personally have Taylor as my #3 OT behind Williams and Dillard. 

Like last year I think we see teams taking offensive linemen much higher than where they are projected to go, due to it being such a weakness currently in the NFL. I foresee around 9 OL taken in the first round, which will push a lot of the defensive talent and receivers into the 2nd round. 

On 1/17/2019 at 10:13 PM, offbyone said:

No real stand out centers in this draft.  You seem to agree. Am I missing someone?

If you want a standout center this year then I think your best bet would be either Jonah Williams or Dalton Risner.  Both of those guys will be able to play all 5 OL positions.  I’m not expecting either to end up at C in the NFL, but I think those are the best at that position this year.  Last year was the year if you needed a C.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

If you want a standout center this year then I think your best bet would be either Jonah Williams or Dalton Risner.  Both of those guys will be able to play all 5 OL positions.  I’m not expecting either to end up at C in the NFL, but I think those are the best at that position this year.  Last year was the year if you needed a C.

tenor.gif

"If you want a standout center, take one of these two who I don't think will play center." 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jlash said:

tenor.gif

"If you want a standout center, take one of these two who I don't think will play center." 

It’s not that difficult of a concept to understand. Dalton Risner has played and excelled at center in the past.  Nick Saban is on record stating that Jonah Williams is capable of playing all 5 OL positions and that he wanted to play him at center this past year, but wasn’t able to because they didn’t have the right personnel to replace him at OT.  Both players can play all the OL positions, but are being projected to play OT or OG.  They would be the best centers in the draft if their teams decide to play them there, but it is more likely that they end up playing a different position.