2019 NFL Draft - Offensive Line

Forge

On 1/3/2019 at 7:10 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

Any opinions on Erik McCoy, center from Texas A&M. Just declared recently. Looks like an ideal fit for a ZBS.

ZBS only as has already been mention. Gets out of stance and into the DL cat quick. Can pull run down the line make the fold block. Can hit moving objects in space but needs use better angles at the second level. Needs gain strength and flexibility. Zero punch. Gets no movement on run blocks. Real try hard guy but gets bullrushed and is put on skates by top NTs. Work in progress. 6th round.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TVScout said:

ZBS only as has already been mention. Gets out of stance and into the DL cat quick. Can pull run down the line make the fold block. Can hit moving objects in space but needs use better angles at the second level. Needs gain strength and flexibility. Zero punch. Gets no movement on run blocks. Real try hard guy but gets bullrushed and is put on skates by top NTs. Work in progress. 6th round.

Yeah I was not a fan of McCoy’s use of leverage and his functional strength. I might not have him as a 6th rounder (based off his athleticism, I could see him going in the 4th) but if he fell that far or went undrafted it wouldn’t shock me.

21 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

I believe Biadasz said he is returning to Wisconsin for another year.

Thanks I hadn’t yet heard of his announcement. That’s a definite blow, leaves only Elgton Jenkins as a center prospect that I’m a big fan of, I’ll have to look into some more options to see if anyone else stands out to me.

3 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

Any opinions on Nate Herbig from Stanford?  He's huge but I've read a change in their scheme messed with his play this year.  Thoughts?

I really like him. He is massive, but doesn't have terrible feet either. He's most certainly an OG at the next level. Has the ability to down block people into oblivion and also mirror decently in pass protection. He has good balance despite being so big, which is why most of the big dudes struggle. He doesn't have quick feet per se, but he knows how to mask that deficiency well. He does play high and it leads to some whiffs, but he's solidly a 3rd rounder for me. He's going to be a good starter in the league.

He strikes me as a Baltimore Ravens selection.

18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I really like him. He is massive, but doesn't have terrible feet either. He's most certainly an OG at the next level. Has the ability to down block people into oblivion and also mirror decently in pass protection. He has good balance despite being so big, which is why most of the big dudes struggle. He doesn't have quick feet per se, but he knows how to mask that deficiency well. He does play high and it leads to some whiffs, but he's solidly a 3rd rounder for me. He's going to be a good starter in the league.

He strikes me as a Baltimore Ravens selection.

Even has Big in his name. Although Her Big

2 Thoughts on OTs

1. Jawaan Taylor - really don't get why there is any hype for him and I see him as a OG.  He’s big and great in the run game but there is no way in hell he can block NFL Edge rushers.  His foot speed is poor and he can’t mirror edge rushers.  He’s pretty easily beat around the edge by speed rushers or by any kind of inside quickness.

2. Cody Ford - absolutely love him and have a top 20 grade on him right now.  I don’t see why he can’t play LT.  Huge size and power combined with amazing feet.  Power rushers can’t move him and he has the feet and athleticism to stop speed. People mover in the run game.  He’s like a shorter version of Orlando Brown/Daryl Williams but with awesome feet/athleticism.

2 hours ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

2 Thoughts on OTs

1. Jawaan Taylor - really don't get why there is any hype for him and I see him as a OG.  He’s big and great in the run game but there is no way in hell he can block NFL Edge rushers.  His foot speed is poor and he can’t mirror edge rushers.  He’s pretty easily beat around the edge by speed rushers or by any kind of inside quickness.

2. Cody Ford - absolutely love him and have a top 20 grade on him right now.  I don’t see why he can’t play LT.  Huge size and power combined with amazing feet.  Power rushers can’t move him and he has the feet and athleticism to stop speed. People mover in the run game.  He’s like a shorter version of Orlando Brown/Daryl Williams but with awesome feet/athleticism.

Is Taylor being a little overrated?  Maybe but the guy has super potential and upside, he is a tree out there and has a really strong base.  In terms of speed rushers in college you could say most if not all OTs coming out of college struggle with that, just go ask Jonah Williams who is one of the better OT prospects in college football, he has struggled with outside rush especially late this season.  Taylor has developed a lot this past year but has played since he was a freshman at major SEC school, Cody Ford has this past year as his first season as a full time starter in his career, the other years were just spot from time to time.  So yeah there is more to pick apart with Taylor especially when he was a FR and SOPH.  Ford sure looks good but hard not to look good and protect the passer in that offense with Murray back there who can create with his feet and move around quite well.  The guy probably runs like a 4.3 40 so even when Ford did get beat it did not really matter as much, will see how Ford looks in the pre-draft work.  I do agree he could play OT, some people say he is a OG and I just do not see that really with him at all, not sure I see a LT but for sure a strong RT.  

On 1/5/2019 at 1:00 PM, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah I was not a fan of McCoy’s use of leverage and his functional strength. I might not have him as a 6th rounder (based off his athleticism, I could see him going in the 4th) but if he fell that far or went undrafted it wouldn’t shock me.

Sounds like a Kubiak C....

55 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Is Taylor being a little overrated?  Maybe but the guy has super potential and upside, he is a tree out there and has a really strong base.  In terms of speed rushers in college you could say most if not all OTs coming out of college struggle with that, just go ask Jonah Williams who is one of the better OT prospects in college football, he has struggled with outside rush especially late this season.  Taylor has developed a lot this past year but has played since he was a freshman at major SEC school, Cody Ford has this past year as his first season as a full time starter in his career, the other years were just spot from time to time.  So yeah there is more to pick apart with Taylor especially when he was a FR and SOPH.  Ford sure looks good but hard not to look good and protect the passer in that offense with Murray back there who can create with his feet and move around quite well.  The guy probably runs like a 4.3 40 so even when Ford did get beat it did not really matter as much, will see how Ford looks in the pre-draft work.  I do agree he could play OT, some people say he is a OG and I just do not see that really with him at all, not sure I see a LT but for sure a strong RT.  

I only watched their 2018 film so whatever they did from 2016 to 2017 isn’t relevant to my analysis.  I really don’t see what separates Taylor from any other big OT that can’t move his feet.

Sure any OT can get beat by a good speed rush, even Joe Thomas in his prime.  However the difference between your standard Day 2 OT prospect and Taylor in this regard is stark.  He can’t move his feet and gets beat by any speed outside or quick inside move.