The Ultimeat Showdown! Butcher Battle Round 4 and Don't Be Fowl Round 2 posted in OP on 11/08

Dome

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I volunteer @ET80, @LETSGOBROWNIES, and myself as thread counters.

Well then I’ll help out there as well...

but I take 0 responsibilities as far as accuracy goes. Like I said I can only watch this much meat be eliminated from contention for so long before drinking starts.

That and I’m only good counting up to 20 even when sober.

voting will happen in thread

Edited by Dome

There was a place we used to go to for fried chicken, they lined the bottom of their buckets with toasted bread that soaked up grease, seasonings and juice from the chicken. The top lid was lined with untoasted bread that got steamed on the way home. 

Just now, Dome said:

There was a place we used to go to for fried chicken, they lined the bottom of their buckets with toasted bread that soaked up grease, seasonings and juice from the chicken. The top lid was lined with untoasted bread that got steamed on the way home. 

Yeah see I get that part. Or with Nashville hot chicken it comes served on white bread that just soaks up that saucy, greasy, fat **** deliciousness. But this is off to the side.

I get that it's a thing. Lots of places do it. I just have no idea why.

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

That sounds heavenly. 

54 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You had it right. To make sandwiches/soak up oooey gooey goodness. Its a staple of TX BBQ. Shame on @ET80 for his answer. 

Bread = less space in your stomach for meat. I don't disagree with the application of the bread, but I'm a man on a mission with BBQ.

• Like 1

Phase 1: Butcher Brawl
Here we will break one cow and one pig down into their primal (most basic) cuts. We will have a double elimination bracket to decide which primal cuts of beef and pork will represent the hoofed barnyard favorites in the Finals. 

Phase 2: Don't Be Fowl
Another double elimination bracket, this time we're parting out some birds. We'll see which parts of our beaked buddies we most like chompin' on! 

Phase 3: Something's Fishy
This slippery group could be hard to define with so many categories. But don't fret! Losers in this single elimination bracket will end up in Phase 4 against other assorted meats and animals

Phase 4: Tastes like Chicken
Tastes like chicken, but it's not! This bracket will be the last stand for miscellaneous meats and edible critters. Whether unfairly misrepresented from the start or brought back by threat of violent coup, Phase 4 will be home to less common meats like Lamb, Bison, Goat, Sea Creatures, Game Birds, Venison and More!

Phase 5: The Ultimeat Showdown
This is how the world ends. A Final Double Elimination Bracket, seeded randomly with the most victorious winners from Phases 1-4. 

Phase one will be commencing tonight during TNF. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1