Jay Gruden is now the winningest HC in the Snyder Era

turtle28

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Or you know, just never switched to the 3-4 to begin with.  

Blame you’re favorite Redskins HC but for Joe Gibbs for that one. That was the genius Red Lobster’s call because from 2010-2013 he had the final call in all football decisions. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Blame you’re favorite Redskins HC but for Joe Gibbs for that one. That was the genius Red Lobster’s call because from 2010-2013 he had the final call in all football decisions. 

I also remember YOU being THE BIGGEST Cheerleader of that switch on this site. So, while Shanny had the power to do it, please acknowledge that had you been there in his shoes, you'd have done the same thing.

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I also remember YOU being THE BIGGEST Cheerleader of that switch on this site. So, while Shanny had the power to do it, please acknowledge that had you been there in his shoes, you'd have done the same thing.

I was for sure, because I envisioned Shanahan actually investing heavily in the defense through the draft for the next two or three years, which was stupid of me.

I had faith in Shanahan in 2010, but it didn’t last long. His personnel decisions were a disaster.

If I was running the FO, I would have definitely invested heavily in the defense from 2010-2012 at the least.

I can’t help the fact that Shanahan traded for defenders, drafted defenders and signed defenders who were either busts or got hurt and didn’t work out long term.

Almost every person he drafted, I didn’t agree with except for A few.

Title of this thread is about as sad as it gets. It’ll never be about guys who produce as far as leading his franchise goes. It’ll never be about good scouts and good cap people and good coaching and good development staff. It will always revolve around yes men

Gruden is not the problem. He's winning with Alex Smith at QB. Isn't that a miracle to some of you?

Our fans are more of a problem, than Gruden. At least he shows up for the games.

If I didn't live in Missouri, I'd be there every Sunday or when they played.

1/2 empty stadium is embarrassing & some fans should be ashamed of themselves to call themselves Redskins fans.

Gruden is doing a hell of a job & I hope we keep him around for a long time. We haven't had this stability since Gibbs 1.0.

Fire brucey...fine

leave Gruden alone!

5 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Gruden is not the problem. He's winning with Alex Smith at QB. Isn't that a miracle to some of you?

Our fans are more of a problem, than Gruden. At least he shows up for the games.

1/2 empty stadium is embarrassing & some fans should be ashamed of themselves to call themselves Redskins fans.

Gruden is doing a hell of a job & I hope we keep him around for a long time. We haven't had this stability since Gibbs 1.0.

Fire brucey...fine

leave Gruden alone!

@aceinthehouse Love you Ace. Lots of positive vibes. But the bolded is easy- Gruden gets paid and the lifelong fans like me are over being gouged by an owner who has delivered a consistently poor product and one of the worst stadium experiences. I’m surprised so many people still go to the game. I see local blackouts in our future unless huge changes happen. Gruden? He has gotten better, but that’s because he was so unprepared and incompetent when he started as HC. I prefer head coaches who do things gruden has never done- prepare the team, make in game adjustments, demand excellence, not mediocrity from himself, his coaches and the players, innovate using players strengths adjusting his system. Could we do worse? Yes. Is here a top 20 HC? Nope

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Fire brucey...fine

leave Gruden alone!

I moved from Venezuela to Virginia cause Im a real fan. No excuse for living in Missouri. I moved here to be allowed to attend games cause Im such a fan. Even though Ive never been to a Skins game and you couldnt pay me a thousand bucks to waste a day attending one. Im still here with the ability to do so should they ever fire Bruce and Jon Grudens mentally disabled little brother "Simple Jack" Gruden.

8 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

It is embarrassing. But guess what? That's what 18 years of being taken for granted and having cash milked from you 10 games a year while producing the product of Jack and Squat during that timeframe.

Btw, did you know that in the last 26 years, we are the only team not to post an 11-5 or better record? We did 10-6 only twice in that time.

Meanwhile we continued to buy the merchandise and go to the games and then like Bessie the cow, got milked of what we produced. 

So guess what? Fans stopped coming.

Why buy a season ticket at $1,000/season  (I have 3 seats in lower bowl at $100/ game) when you can stay home and watch them lose anyway and save money to spend on people who deserve it.

As for calling out people on their fandom.

Don't...

Not here...

That's not a road you want to go down. Because it never works out for anyone...especially the pious.

I was talking about fans in general.

Nobody specifically...

The seats are empty in our stadium & we're in 1st place.

That's what I was referencing, too.

Of course, I already know why that is.

And it isn't anything Snyder related, Redskins related or football related.

That discussion would be for a non-football forum.

So carry on, everybody.

Complain about how well of a position the Skins are in right now & how we should fire everyone on the team or coaching.

Maybe we should rehire Spurrier & sign QB John Beck.

those were the good ole days...lol

5 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I was talking about fans in general.

Nobody specifically...

The seats are empty in our stadium & we're in 1st place.

That's what I was referencing, too.

Of course, I already know why that is.

And it isn't anything Snyder related, Redskins related or football related.

That discussion would be for a non-football forum.

So carry on, everybody.

Complain about how well of a position the Skins are in right now & how we should fire everyone on the team or coaching.

Maybe we should rehire Spurrier & sign QB John Beck.

those were the good ole days...lol

From local experience I say youre wrong. Im 50-60 miles away. People around here when I first moved here were all going. The no.1 problem in preventing all those surrounding me from going is putting up with the Stadiums location, the traffic congestion, parking and such. I hardly know anyone bothering to go anymore. Its like each year it increases the level of difficulty. One local business that was getting 8 packs switched to getting Ravens tickets because it provided greater ease and was a lot more cost effective for employees.

From year to year. Im left in disbelief of how much worse the congestion could get up there. Not long back it wasnt even rush hour and it took me over 2 hours using I95 to get from DC to Fredericksburg. I spent more time going under 20, than I did going over 40. And thats leaving out the periods of sitting still.

Archived